cd faster shutter

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
And this is me playing with a faster shutter. They're just resized.

cd_004.jpg

cd_005.jpg

cd_002.jpg

Pretty much the same for the first and second.
  • Make - KONICA MINOLTA
    Model - DiMAGE Z10
    ExposureTime - 1/160 seconds
    FNumber - 3.40
    ExposureProgram - Aperture priority
    ISOSpeedRatings - 400
    MeteringMode - Multi-segment
    LightSource - Auto
    Flash - Flash fired, compulsory flash mode
    ExposureMode - Auto
    WhiteBalance - Auto
    DigitalZoomRatio - 0.00 x
    FocalLengthIn35mmFilm - 159 mm
    SceneCaptureType - Standard
    GainControl - Low gain up
    Contrast - Normal
    Saturation - Normal
    Sharpness - Normal
    SubjectDistanceRange - Close view

And for the third.
  • Make - KONICA MINOLTA
    Model - DiMAGE Z10
    ExposureTime - 1/320 seconds
    FNumber - 3.20
    ExposureProgram - Aperture priority
    ISOSpeedRatings - 64
    MeteringMode - Spot
    LightSource - Auto
    Flash - Flash fired, compulsory flash mode
    ExposureMode - Auto
    WhiteBalance - Auto
    DigitalZoomRatio - 0.00 x
    FocalLengthIn35mmFilm - 290 mm
    SceneCaptureType - Standard
    GainControl - None
    Contrast - Normal
    Saturation - Normal
    Sharpness - Normal
    SubjectDistanceRange - Macro

STOP IT! Now you're making me want to try this. Great work, love the last one the best!

the CD craze is spreading more and more haha...

the last one is awesome!!! i really like how some of the water is white and some is green :thumbsup:

again...EXCELLENT! we'll soon be seeing cd's as props in photoshops across the world! :wink:

Thanks again. Now, who was going to start that thread in the themes section?... ;)

The third is my favourite to, although the second isn't without it's charm. :)
The reason for the white and green water is the flash. You can tell it was fired by the hotspots on each water drop.

I just want to find a way to get enough light to use the 1/2000 speed on the shutter. These were as fast as I could go today. :(

ferny said:
Thanks again. Now, who was going to start that thread in the themes section?... ;)

actually i suggested this the other evening, but NOW we know who needs to start it :wink:

Wow. Awesome. I wish I had a good flash for my SLR so I could try that. Although, maybe I could do it with my point-and-shoot digital. Hmmm. Do you think if I used a 1/1000 shutter speed (max on my camera) it would be possible to capture a shot like this? Or does it need to be even faster (with a flash and/or faster shutter)? I'd love to try it.

Unimaxium said:
Wow. Awesome. I wish I had a good flash for my SLR so I could try that. Although, maybe I could do it with my point-and-shoot digital. Hmmm. Do you think if I used a 1/1000 shutter speed (max on my camera) it would be possible to capture a shot like this? Or does it need to be even faster (with a flash and/or faster shutter)? I'd love to try it.

flash with 1/1000th would be great to do this kinda thing!

Nytmair said:
Unimaxium said:

flash with 1/1000th would be great to do this kinda thing!

word maybe i will try my 1/8000 ;)

But what about without a flash? Would 1/1000 be fast enough? I know that flashes can be a lot faster than shutters, which can create an effect like having a really fast shutter (especially if the scene is dark when without the flash). So to get something like that first shot, where the bead of water is captured in mid-air, 1/1000 would really be enough?

Have a look at the exif data I posted. The shutter was set to 1/160 and the flash was on. The flash is just a normal flash as well.
Here's what the camera looks like.

134752.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back