Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are two images from a recent senior portrait sitting. Now, before the men of the forum start drooling, her father is a cop so watch out :) Seriously though, these were done at about 1:00 so the light was really harsh. We used a diffuser right near her face and I think they turned out pretty well given the lighting situation. Oh, and we were the second photographer to do her photos, I saw the first and they were just awful. He didn't take the time to get to know her at all and she has such a beautiful smile when she opens up a bit.

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4883bw.jpg

They are both nice shots. The first could be cropped a little tighter. The second is very nice. (Speaking on a critical plane, not as a male!) (Although...)

I like the second one. She is nicely framed and the wind through her hair covers her left shoulder and arm so it is not distracting, but attracting.
The colour one is alright but i would crop her at the elbows as i find myself following the line of the bent arm down to the sunlight spot on the wall near her left hand.

That's my 2 cents worth anyway :)

I like the backround and the way the sunlight points to woman, the sunlight to the lower left of her head looks pretty cool too the way it follower her hair but i have to agree with the tighter crop.

The second picture is terrific. I like the way her head is tilted and her hair filling the frame. I think her eyes are amazing, I don't think she looks stoned but has a more laid back, dreamy disposition.....I would love to meet her :p

Wow, thanks for all the comments! She definately wasn't stoned, can't attest to her being tired though it's possible. I think her eyes are beautiful, but perhaps it's the absence of catch lights (because of the light diffusion) that put them off a bit. Here's a cropped version of the first along with another photos that I took as a closer image to start with. The background was an old falling down chicken coop. Her mother looked at me like I was crazy when I said I wanted to use it as a background but I loved the color and texture.

IMG_4860-2.jpg

IMG_4853bw.jpg

I think that these came out wonderfully. I think the dreamy look in her eyes add to the picture. These are her senior pictures so she's dreaming of the future. Good work.

Cruzin said:
I am sure she will be very happy to show those pictures off :thumbsup:

That's the goal..that and to tell everyone where she got them done :)

Most reactions

Back