"celebrity""

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
Ok, in my eyes is a celebrity is someone who at the very least is recognisable able to people in another country to the one they spend most of their time in. So... How many none UK people know these names?

Antony Costa
David ‘The Duke’ Dickinson
Jenny Frost
Jimmy Osmond
Sheree Murphy
Sid Owen
Kimberley Davies
Jilly Goolden
Elaine Lordan
Carol Thatcher

They're the new contestants on I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here. And for those who don't know what that is... Pick a bunch of has-beens, chuck them in a part of the Australian jungle which you've fiddled with to make it look like it's really the out-back when it's really a studio now, pay them lots of money and watch the money roll in. Oh, and afterwards about half of them will pop up on TV in an effort to resurrect their shattered and pointless careers, spend all day talking about how they ate a spider whilst swimming in radio-controlled crocodile infested waters and then fall flat on their arse never to be seen again. Until they pop up a couple of series later complain how the show "isn't like it used to be".

Never heard of any of them either! :-(

Do you know where they're filming? Maybe I could run through the set one day and become a 'real' celebrity on their stupid show. :mrgreen:

Ooo, ooo, ooo!

The location for the first UK series of I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! had been used before - for the American Survivor 2 series. It is 40 minutes from Tully, a small backwater south of Cairns in the Queensland rainforest.
:mrgreen:

OMG!!!!!!!! That is like a 2 hour drive from here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I am soooo THERE!!! Tomorrow!!! Damn... I have to work.... GRRRR>.. who cares!!!! I wanna be on UK TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel the pain as well. Broadcast media is currently in the toilet. I say kill your television!

Somehow I know that (at least in america) films are our only saving grace. Biographies are going to hit with "Capote", "I Walk the Line" and "Good Bye and Good Night" or what ever the Edward R. Murrow movie is called.

Aside from the fact one is Australian, (so I guess I must know who she is) I don't know who most of them are and I'm in the UK.

Antony Costa - The one nobody noticed from boyband Blue.
David ‘The Duke’ Dickinson - Host of BBC Bargain Hunt (an antiques type show) and convicted criminal.
Jenny Frost - Atomic Kitten singer, didn't do terribly well (12th) with group Precious in the Eurovision Song Contest.
Jimmy Osmond - Little Jimmy (or James Arthur) Osmond isn't so little at 42 now.
Sheree Murphy - Frequently drunk Emmerdale (UK Soap) "Star".
Sid Owen - Ricky Butcher from Eastenders (UK Soap) "Star".
Kimberley Davies - Aussie actress and model, was in Neighbours as Annalise.
Jilly Goolden - Known for bizzare wine-tasting on BBC's Food & Drink. Given to "I'm getting Hollyhocks whooshing up my nose!" type flowery nonsense.
Elaine Lordan - Lynne from Eastenders.
Carol Thatcher - Daughter of Maggie, journo and written a book about her dad.

For those who don't know...

Rob

Antony Costa - The one nobody noticed from boyband Blue.
David ‘The Duke’ Dickinson - Host of BBC Bargain Hunt (an antiques type show) and convicted criminal.
Jenny Frost - Atomic Kitten singer, didn't do terribly well (12th) with group Precious in the Eurovision Song Contest.
Jimmy Osmond - Little Jimmy (or James Arthur) Osmond isn't so little at 42 now.
Sheree Murphy - Frequently drunk Emmerdale (UK Soap) "Star".
Sid Owen - Ricky Butcher from Eastenders (UK Soap) "Star".
Kimberley Davies - Aussie actress and model, was in Neighbours as Annalise.
Jilly Goolden - Known for bizzare wine-tasting on BBC's Food & Drink. Given to "I'm getting Hollyhocks whooshing up my nose!" type flowery nonsense.
Carol Thatcher - Daughter of Maggie, journo and written a book about her dad.

For those who don't know...

Didn't help one bit :confused:

jimmy osmond the younger brother of the "osmond brothers" that wasnt even in the band?

the rest of 'em arent even from the usa! how could they possibly be celebrities??? LOL Ha HA

OHHHHH! That's the only one I know. You have to admit UK TV doesn't get much exposure here in the states. We must rely on BBC America or PBS for any of our UK TV exposure. And do not forget Coupling (my absolute favorite series) flopped like a snapper on a dry dock here (when it was remade). I can see why it flopped, the humor just did not match the American ways.

Sorry, off to get another porter.

the thatcher chick, i semi guessed her due to name and country....( boy, nothing gets by me, 'eh?? ;) )

and jimmie osmond, i was wondering if it was the little osmond brother, too...

is it the same person??? he sucked over here, does he over there???? :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back