CF Card problem

Sarah23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took some pics of my friends 11month old yesterday...and somehow between taking them and hooking the card up to my computer to take them off, something happened. When I clicked on the car on the computer, is said that it wasnt reformatted and asked if I wanted to reformat. Of course I said no! It wouldnt open though. I put the card back in the camera, and it said no images. I tried using the cable and just hook up the camera itself (just incase) and it still was just asking to format the card.

Is my card shot? I ended up formating it, and now it seems fine. I took some shots this morning to test and I transfered them to my computer with no problem.

Its a Transcend 4gig.

It's been my experience that sometimes these things just happen...a card won't read or something like that. It may be a card problems, a computer problem or a problem with the files on the card etc.

It if continues to happen, I'd just get a new card, they aren't too expensive.

Even though you reformated, you can probably recover some of those images with a free tool. Google "Image recovery tool". Unfortunately, you took a few other shots, which probably have overwritten some of them.

good luck

I use Badcopypro to recover image files. Works every time..... unless it's a card/disk problem.

If you did not insert the CF card carefully, it is very easy to bend the pins on the reader or camera... Take a look and check before you assume its a bad card or reader.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back