Chair

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i-2tbH4hb-XL.jpg

May I ask what you found special about the chair if anything?

ken

May I ask what you found special about the chair if anything?

I don't think I found anything "special" about this.
Not sure that's a requirement though. ;)
I shoot what captures my attention.
I "like" this for a variety of reasons:

I like the grime.
I like the contrast of vertical and horizontal.
I like the balanced imbalance.
I like the contrasting smooth and rough textures.
I like the shadows and how they help balance the composition.
I like how you know it's a chair despite seeing only part of it (let's ignore the title for a moment ;) )
I like minimalist photography in general.
I like the black spots on the wall.
I like the composition.
I like the conversion.

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but whatever ...

Anyhoo, let me know what you hate about it. If anything. :)

Cheers!

I like all the things that you listed and I think they are all present in that photo. I still find myself wanting it to be..different? More of those things? This is the kind of shot that I'd want kind of grainy to make the grungy parts more grungy and noticeable, or more contrasty to draw more attention to the shadows and the texture in the wood. I find this to be a bit too clean. Other than that, I like the minimalist study of form and texture.

Last edited:
IMO neat idea. I would give it more of this "empty" wall. Good minimalism.

The shadow box-type presentation is not working very well for me with this image...the right hand side of the chair is very close to the frame edge, and then the white border and heavy hairline black box is "pulling on" the image area itself...not quite the right presentation for this image.

I love this! As Timor said, its a good example of minimalism. I also feel the framing really helps to set the whole image off very nicely.

I like the conversion, you have captured the textures well, however it doesn't quite work for me.
Now this may sound odd but have you tried flipping the image, so the chair is on the left and is at the 'beginning ' of the image as you read left to right instead of being at the end?

Hope Im not breaking any rules here, but I liked this shot so much I wanted to try it myself. Its funny how something so simple can spark creativity. Here is my version of "Chair"

IMG_5707.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back