Puscas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hope you like it.
C&C welcome, as always

sherrif095-1.jpg

thanks for looking

pascal

The subject matter is fine, but the light and colours are very bland. I think this one really needed a 2 stop graduated neutral density to make the clouds pop. As well, perhaps a touch more saturation in the grass/pump.

I agree with tirediron, the colours are washed out and strange in a way. Also it appears strangely un-sharp/hazy.

thanks guys. although I must admit that I don't know what '2 stop graduated neutral density' means. The haziness of the windmills was on purpose, they are supposed to be the 'new energy sources coming up', so I wanted them softer than the oilpump. But the colors were not supposed to be washed out or weird.
So I'll give it another try.

thanks again tirediron and Alex!

pascal

Gawd, I can be so dim.

"Change is in the air!"

Just now caught on with windmills, air, doh!

I don't know what '2 stop graduated neutral density' means.

Graduated neutral density filters (G-ND) are filters which while optically clear, have the ability to block light. This blocking ability is graduated from a maximum at the top, to completely clear at the bottom, allowing you to effectively produce an image with a 1, 2, or more stop difference in exposure between the top and bottom.

You can see what they look like here: http://www.cokin.fr/ico3-p1-6.html

Graduated neutral density filters (G-ND) are filters which while optically clear, have the ability to block light. This blocking ability is graduated from a maximum at the top, to completely clear at the bottom, allowing you to effectively produce an image with a 1, 2, or more stop difference in exposure between the top and bottom.

You can see what they look like here: http://www.cokin.fr/ico3-p1-6.html

that's great! Pretty useful info there.

pascal

What an appropriate title!
I sure wish my landscape looked like that, all I see is oil, oil, oil.
This picture gives a sense of hope that change is in fact in the air.

neea

What an appropriate title!
I sure wish my landscape looked like that, all I see is oil, oil, oil.
This picture gives a sense of hope that change is in fact in the air.

neea

thanks, that's nice to hear

Its different. I like the idea.

thank you. But I will have to give it another try, see if I can improve on the colors

pascal

pascal, where are you now on your journey?

Reminds me of 'where in the world is Carmen SanDiego?'

i like the idea and subject matter but i agree with it looking a bit bland.. even an "Auto Levels" adjustment in Photoshop brings it out quite well, gets rid of the blue tinge and haze feel.

I think a goo B&W conversion might be nice, too.

I done a little PP myself just to see, if you're interested i can put it up but the colours and sky can come out really well.

Last edited:
i like the idea and subject matter but i agree with it looking a bit bland.. even an "Auto Levels" adjustment in Photoshop brings it out quite well, gets rid of the blue tinge and haze feel.

I think a goo B&W conversion might be nice, too.

I done a little PP myself just to see, if you're interested i can put it up but the colours and sky can come out really well.
K_, had to chuckle. I also had a go at it in PS. I hope pascal says post, as I'd really like to see what you've done.

Bring it on guys, put me to shame...:lol:

no seriously, let me see what you came up with.

pascal

Most reactions

Back