Changes in Instagram feed

Vtec44

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamestangphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A good article on Adweek.com (a respected industry's publication) in regard to how changes on IG feed may affect businesses and brands. The changes have a lot to do with organizing content based on relevance instead of the current chronological order (similar to what they did with Facebook newsfeed).

6 Ways the Changes in Instagram’s Feed Will Impact Brands

Ugh. I hate the Facebook relevance feed. I don't do much on Instagram, but I have a feeling I'm going to hate it too. You never know if you've gotten to the end of what's new.

My reach on FB went to 50% to 1-2% after they changed the algorithm. I'm doing so much better on IG as far as driving traffic back to my site though so hopefully this doesn't ruin it. I guess it's safe to say that the era of 100% social network marketing has come to an end. :eek:

Isn't it their intention to ruin it so you have to pay for promotion?

Yes. FB posted about 40% in earning increase the last quarter where they have plateaued when it comes to active memberships. So, they're profiting because each user is spending more (paid ads). At least right now it is still affordable but they're making harder for startups/small businesses that don't have an advertising budget. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back