Channelside Drive HDR

Doug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was in Tampa today and took a few shots. I desides to convert one into HDR. I'm very new at this but go ahead, please let me know how I did and how I can improve..

channelside01.jpg

Looks cool. If you smooth the light a bit more, the black patch in the sky would blend in a bit better.

Well, it's an interesting shot, but the composition isn't doing it for me. Most notably, the right edge of the shot has that black protruding element about 4/5 of the way up. Almost on the same spot of the left edge, there is a sliver of tree there, which doesn't help to frame up the shot. And the sky has some strange coloration in spots (below street lights and right side of right-most skyscraper), but I'm not sure the coloration really hurts the shot that much. Good attempt, but the shot just doesn't have enough going for it for the HDR-effect to save it.

Not bad, is this Photomatix? If so it looks like you chose the wrong "light smoothing" setting. (too blotchy)

Just keep experimenting.

Thanks Everyone, I can see the blotchyness in the sky and the protruding tree and light post on the right.

Yes this is Photomatrix and I've just started trying it out. This was pretty much right out after Generate. I'll keep practicing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back