Chattanooga Zoo

crownlaurel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a few that turned out decent. I haven't edited or cropped them yet. I read what animal they are but I always forget the names...

To read my explanation of some of my difficulties shooting at this zoo... http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86958

First a little greenery...

ChattanoogaJuly07014.jpg

ChattanoogaJuly07016.jpg

Look in that mirror and push the button (funny shot, no need for C or C)...

ChattanoogaJuly07040.jpg

Telephoto would correct this?

ChattanoogaJuly07057.jpg

Lazy cats...

ChattanoogaJuly07066.jpg

6. (with smudge...here only to show difficulty)
ChattanoogaJuly07118.jpg

7. (moved above smudge and reshot)
ChattanoogaJuly07119.jpg

Cougar Express

ChattanoogaJuly07173.jpg

Bali Myna

ChattanoogaJuly07206.jpg

Red Panda

10.(better zoom would be nice :mrgreen: )
ChattanoogaJuly07224.jpg

Monkeys

ChattanoogaJuly07070.jpg

12. (these escaped their cages)
ChattanoogaJuly07227.jpg

my dear friend,

although I'm not a wildlife photographer, I must say these are good ones.

1. the snake is fine.

2. crop the lizard image from the right to the left by 0.8 cms such that the shoulder of the lizard comes out like a diagonal from the frame.

3. avoid hand shake. move on to higher shutter speed for this image or a higher ISO value. use ISO 320 or ISO 400 in low light and you wont have to think too much about grains.

4. is that a fill-in flash on the parrot ? if yes, consider you killed it. avoid using flash as much as you can. telephoto would do good to this as well, depending on how distant you are from the bird.

5. try a different vantage point for the tiger (I see only one), if possible, avoiding the cage wires on the BG.

6. number 7 looks better than this.

7. have you given the Rule of Thirds a thought for this one ? the cat would look really pretty then... have a look at image number 4 here : http://www.turboshots.net/gallery/en/portfolio/portfolio_g_en.html

8. would be nicer of there was a person moving on the road beside...

9. fair enough - try a bigger aperture next time so you'd get a naturally blurred BG.

10. chop off about 90% of the huge over exposed sky from the top ASAP, keeping just about some to complement the building behind.

11. nice, although something sticking out of the left of the frame is causing distraction.. crop please (yes I know you haven't cropped any of your photos yet, am sorry for being a nagger hehee ~*)

12. let's take them back ! :mrgreen:

well done, wish you more good pictures in the future ! :thumbup:

Thank you for your comments (and compliment). I meant to link to a thread in discussions where I explained the limitations at this zoo (aside from the limitations of the photographer, :sexywink: ).

Dh is on vacation this week and we're doing some home improvements, so I won't even begin to sort through edits and crops till next week some time.

You can read about the problems here (and I will edit it into the OP): http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86958

#4...drats, I chose the one that I had forgotten to close the camera flash (no hot shoe flash yet anyway, but woudln't have used it here). The others of the parrot cage didn't use flash but looked identical as far as the cage being in the way. Eventually I will have better equipment, but dh isn't a big fan of my newfound hobby, so it'll take awhile.

#5...small cage, maybe two and a half times what you see here with wires all around and only one observation window. Some cats are in even smaller confines. Made me sad, but I think the city aquired the zoo and is trying to improve it.

#6-7...he was resting against the glass so not much I could do comp-wise. 6 shows a huge smudge I noticed but had nothing to clean it with, so I tried moving a hair and it worked.

#9..yeah a bigger aperture would be nice...I'm probably going to get one at some point even though I'd have to manual focus it on this camera.

#11...that would be the window.

#12...I tried but they said they didn't have enough cages :lmao:

Most reactions

Back