Cheapest Super Wide

delizo23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What is the cheapest super wide, or fisheye lens, you can get for a full frame Nikon (D700). I dont care about quality, or build, or brand. i just want to play around with something really wide when doing car photoshoots. so any piece of crap will do for now. im talking about like $200 and below. right now my 24-70 f2.8 isnt wide enough.

i took this picture last night and just wanted more width...
4109579557_2e25c46fc7.jpg

You could look for a wide angle or fish-eye adapter/filter that screws onto the front of your lens. They make plenty of these for digi-cams...you would just have to find one that has a big enough thread diameter to fit your lens.

true. never thought of that. ill look into it.

You could look for a zenitar Fisheye on ebay or just search google, they are a Russian 16mm f/2.8, and I think will give 180º on a full frame. I havent used one but I know there are some reviews out there. They go for about $200. Manual focus only, but that should be no problem shooting cars.

I don't know about $200, but for around $300 you may be able to snag a 20mm f2.8 nikkor manual focus. 20mm is pretty damn wide on a d700.

You could look for a wide angle or fish-eye adapter/filter that screws onto the front of your lens. They make plenty of these for digi-cams...you would just have to find one that has a big enough thread diameter to fit your lens.

I got one of these off of ebay just to try it out, and they're not too bad. It was only like $45 shipped too, so even if you don't like it you're not spending much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back