Check out this lens!

Looks super cheap, but who cares. Id love to shot the moon with that thing

I don't have direct experience with these lens, but what I've heard is that these "mirror lens" are generally much cheaper construction, very slow (apertures of f8+ which put your sharpest settings at f11 or higher), poor resolution, lots of aberration, etc. But having said that, for the price, they can be interesting to shoot with given their price points.

As far as I can tell from the write-up on amazon.com that's not a mirror lens. They do have mirror lenses there but that's not one of them.

Although, I suppose I could be wrong. :sexywink:

ttfn
CDL.

In the used section they do have the canon lens you spoke of. scores 9 out of 10 and only $99,000 ..... plus shipping. :D

Odd... I just did a quick search and for some dumb reason I can't find their used section you speak of :blushing: :confused:

ttfn
CDL.

I've been curious about those Phoenix lenses for a while now. Guess you wouldn't be out too much to give it a try and find out it's crap.

That's the way I'm looking at it too. Once I get the finances straight around here and I have some disposable income you can bet that I'll be buying some of the items on my "wish list".

I'll post the images I get with that lens... that is once I have it. :D

ttfn
CDL.

The Phoenix 500mm is only $110.

Cheaper to use that one as a test - add x2 TC and you got 1000mm.

That x2 TC costs more :lol:

That company has been around for some time now even had there own camera at one point ,But I wouldnt wast your money folks !

Good Isnt Cheap .. and Cheap Isnt good ..

As far as Phoenix I do own a 2 X Multiplier made by them
It works
Though AutoFocus will not work with it installed and IMO Photo quality seems to drop

I now own a 98.00 Dust collector that takes up room in my Camera Bag

Rick

I've been curious about those Phoenix lenses for a while now. Guess you wouldn't be out too much to give it a try and find out it's crap.

I'm a little curious about them still, I'd almost be willing to give one a try if they were not more expencive than the Canon glass I use lol. I'm in a bit of an odd boat in comparison to the rest of the users here with that one. :lmao:

These super cheap super long lenses are usually kinda crap. Something like 3 or 4 elements in 2 groups, blah blah blah, if it's too good to be true then it probably is.

Bloody hell, that's amazing. It really makes you think just how much profit Canon, Nikon etc are making on their lenses. I know they build them better, but $300???? That's insane.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back