Chevrolet

Its all light hearted and chivalry is not dead .........

maybe I'll post more of the corvette later as not too hijack "d1a1s1"s thread;)

Well the thread is called "Chevrolet" so by posting pictures of a Corvette you wont be hijacking.

Yes it is completely light hearted...thanks for being a good sport. But if your ever....ohhh nevermind :lol:

Well the thread is called "Chevrolet" so by posting pictures of a Corvette you wont be hijacking.

Yes it is completely light hearted...thanks for being a good sport. But if your ever....ohhh nevermind :lol:

Cool and thanks for the hospitality! Maybe I'll open up more of my stuff.

Cheers!

Cool and thanks for the hospitality! Maybe I'll open up more of my stuff.

Cheers!

By all means, please do.
And I mean that in a totally professional way!

Rather than taking away from your thread here's a link to my myspace account www.myspace.com/melisplace
Read your myspace. Bigger engines may count to you but I beat you in HP per liter. 182hp 1.3L Twin Rotary Turbo. Love your mods, 3rd brake light, blacked out turn signals, black face wheels. Great car. (is it a Convertible with the hard top bolted on, or is that the Z06 roof? It isn't a Z06 Vette by the looks of it. Or is that the standard coupe from 99?)

Read your myspace. Bigger engines may count to you but I beat you in HP per liter. 182hp 1.3L Twin Rotary Turbo. Love your mods, 3rd brake light, blacked out turn signals, black face wheels. Great car. (is it a Convertible with the hard top bolted on, or is that the Z06 roof? It isn't a Z06 Vette by the looks of it. Or is that the standard coupe from 99?)

It is neither of you speak of.......

Its called an 1999 FRC (fixed roof coup). Basically in 1999 and 2000 models they made a hard top coupe called the FRC.... the Z06 never existed back then..........later based from that model they made the Z06. Mine is basically a very rare corvette that was the bases of the Z06 design. Its also the lightest weight coupe ever designed for the corvette, which makes its slightly faster than all C5's targas and covertibles except the Z06.

I've got a library of vette knowlege;) I'm happy to clear up any mis conceptions of the car:)

Edit: also the FRC vette models only came in 6 speed manual.........I shift pretty fast;)

Not sure your modifications but I'd love to know.......... your 1.3 liter at 183 HP.......I'm 5.7 liter and 350 + HP so unless your running nitrous or have some major mods I'm not seeing how you would beat me even with a very small turbo. You will have to explain this to me:wink:

Won't beat you, just think 182 hp for 1.3L is pretty damn amazing, and that is a stock engine (just stating I beat your hp per liter ratio, the Mazda Rx-7 holds that tile for any production car built [2002 Mazda Rx-7 Type R to be exact 280hp 1.3L]). No pistons in it at all, rotaries are amazing. Chevrolet almost put a 2.6L 4 rotor engine in the corvette in the 80s but abandonded it due to fuel consumption. A shame for you Vette guys that they didn't build it. 4 rotors are pushing 900whp on an N/A at 14,000 RPM today (technically they are rac enegine but street versions would redline at 9,00 and make roughly 500-ish horsepower, still only 2.6L. Also I have a 200 page book on every Corvette model ever made, and heave read it all.
I just can't retain every model ever made. I love your Vette overall, and if I ever get my dream twin turbo 1993 Mazda Rx-7 R1, I'll arrange a meet to pace with you on Tenessee's Deals Gap. Maybe even schedule some track time. (not strip, the Rx-7 isn't geared for that, a true sports car can handle, brake, and accelerate). You'd be surprised what a 1.3L can do (about the same as a C5 Vette more or less in a small ammount). (don't get your hopes up, I'm young and can't raise around $16,000 needed for a low milage one).

Sorry to threadjack but I just love car talk.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back