CHINA

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by just_because, Oct 6, 2009.

1. just_because

just_because TPF Noob!

I went to China recently and had an amazing time experiencing the life style there! Here are a couple pictures that i took and i would really like to hear what you think. Good/bad,tips,advice the whole bit. ;)... the 2007 date that my camera put on the picture is wrong..:meh:

1.[​IMG]
    2. [​IMG]

3.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  2. just_because

just_because TPF Noob!

Please let me know what you think!

3. ocular

ocular TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    You need to play around with your camera settings more. What you could benefit from is reading up on some books. If I tell u your pictures are underexposed u'll ask me what ? Then you'll need to read!!

4. Dagwood56

Dagwood56 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    1. I like that bridge and also the way you captured the blowing trees. That said, the lighting seems very harsh on the bridge. The bridge is blown out and has lost detail because of this. Were you shooting in mid day sun? Since it looks like you were standing in a shady location, the camera may have metered for the foreground of the image, thus overexposing the background. The focus looks off to me also.

2. This shot also looks to be overexposed and the mans white shirt is blown out. Focus or camera shake issues with this one also.

3. I like you last shot in that it is a very nice street shot, however I would have liked to see the signs and buildings in sharp focus and had only the people with motion blur.

Pick up a copy of Bryan Petersen's "Understanding Exposure" & his other book "Learning to See Creatively" to help you with learning exposure and composition. Your first two shots I would say are snapshots, the last one had potential for a photo and there is a difference between the two. ;)

5. just_because

just_because TPF Noob!

Oh, okay. Cool cool, i get on that. Thanks a bunch! I haven't been taking pictures for too long but i'm pretty interested in it so thanks for the advice! :)