Chipata, Zambia

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
Waay back in March which seems like eons ago, we went to Zambia for a month.

Just after we landed we took a 12 hour drive out to Chipata which is in the Eastern province on the border with Malawi for my brother in law's memorial at the family farm.

These are a few of the people I met there...

2702727985_0c0c677a7c_o.jpg

2702728159_35b2b521db_o.jpg

2703550680_7456669423_o.jpg

2702755439_82d53bb8b9_o.jpg

2702755861_00dc521376_o.jpg

2703578678_e72552c461_o.jpg

2702756123_46d40a0eca_o.jpg

2703578888_3a2cd9fdbf_o.jpg

2702756337_fdd3506509_o.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C appreciated!

Beautiful shots! Love the colours, and the snippets of daily life in Zambia that they show.

(Glad you finally got around to posting! I was beginning to wonder if we'd ever see them)

Nice shots! Thanks for the look. 7&8:thumbup:

Nice work as usual Tempra. 4, 7, & 8 keep me glued to the screen - insightful stuff.

Beautiful shots! Love the colours, and the snippets of daily life in Zambia that they show.

(Glad you finally got around to posting! I was beginning to wonder if we'd ever see them)

I still have a couple of thousand to go through, this is just the first weekend! I think I'm officially slower than you at posting pictures! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the comments Anty, Renair, photocat, Early and K Pugh, glad you like em!

Very interesting. Lovely photos. How come you had a weekend for editing when I have insider's information that you had FIVE children over the weekend?? ;)

And they are beautiful.
The photos are perfect (of course) and the people are beautiful.
Life can be soooooo different from what we're used to here in our "western world"!!!
Christiane (aka LaFoto'sSister) has been to Malawi before. She also brought home lovely photos of beautiful people (but I think that was back in her film-only days).

Very interesting. Lovely photos. How come you had a weekend for editing when I have insider's information that you had FIVE children over the weekend?? ;)

And they are beautiful.
The photos are perfect (of course) and the people are beautiful.
Life can be soooooo different from what we're used to here in our "western world"!!!
Christiane (aka LaFoto'sSister) has been to Malawi before. She also brought home lovely photos of beautiful people (but I think that was back in her film-only days).

Busted! I actually edited them a couple of weeks ago, but didn't get around to putting them online - just made CD's for the people in SA and Zimbabwe, although I still have to finish them off - some of them seem to have a weird colour cast that needs sorting.

And Friday night, we had six kids - not much space in any room that night!

Taking a day off work today, got a nasty cold over the weekend and didn't sleep much last night.

Thanks for the comments - more as and when! :thumbup:

Get better soon!
Any pics from this past weekend or was the cold too imminent already for you to take any?

very excellent!!! 1, 7 & 8 nice shot!

Great photographs!

I'm just curious.. when you go to another country with a camera in hand how do the locals take it? Do you just snap photos of them or talk to them and ask? Something I want to do SO bad..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back