Church HDR

Mgw189

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Cool church about five minutes from my house. I was going to get some shots of another really cool church but there was something going on there today and a bunch of cars were in the way so that was a no go.

3183168375_898ef26006_b.jpg

Doesnt look HDR to me. Nice subject, mabye center it to exploit the symmetry, and to the right of the tree on the right side of the church takes away from the photo.

Nice pic, I agree with PP about centering to exaggerate the symmetry- straighten it out though, it's tilting to the right a bit

3183261119_b7dc9959c6_b.jpg

More centered as suggested. Because of how I took the photo its the best centered crop I can get. I only had a little table top tripod with me today as I shot this on my way home from work. So it was sitting on the top of my car.

It is good, but doesn't look HDR. It is nice anyway.

Very nice.
Jack

It is good, but doesn't look HDR. It is nice anyway.

Isn't that the point? HDR is so we can replicate what our eyes can see with cameras that can not. I think it is a great HDR, because you it doesn't look like one.

Church is still tilting, but maybe its old and really tilts?

Like it.

-Nick

They may be thinking of the Dave Hill kind of HDR with lots of tone mapping. From what I understand, a really good HDR image just looks like a very well exposed image without much PP work done to it.

They may be thinking of the Dave Hill kind of HDR with lots of tone mapping. From what I understand, a really good HDR image just looks like a very well exposed image without much PP work done to it.

I see your point Samanax. I just think some people are accustomed to being able to pick out a HDR photograph when it is those that can be pick out so easily which have been done wrong.

But I really do get what you are saying.

-Nick

Isn't that the point? HDR is so we can replicate what our eyes can see with cameras that can not. I think it is a great HDR, because you it doesn't look like one.

Church is still tilting, but maybe its old and really tilts?

Like it.

-Nick

That is kind of my take on HDR as well. Sure I can throw the light smoothing up and make it look like a cartoon but its not what I like. The church doesnt tilt but my car did when it was parked on the hill in front of the church.

i dont think that at all. i see it as you can view all the highlights and shadows you can only see at +2 or -2 or 0. Like you can still have the highlights and bright colors of an image exposed at +2, and combine it with the shadows and darker, warmer colors of a -2 image. If you can see that with your eyes, let me know where you bought them!!

i dont think that at all. i see it as you can view all the highlights and shadows you can only see at +2 or -2 or 0. Like you can still have the highlights and bright colors of an image exposed at +2, and combine it with the shadows and darker, warmer colors of a -2 image. If you can see that with your eyes, let me know where you bought them!!

Didn't buy them, they were a gift from mother nature. And please don't tell me I am going to have to explain exposure. I'll make this easy. Camera sensors and film can not adjust to seens like our eyes with the help of our brain.

I really didn't think I needed to explain how eyesight works, but your brain plays a big part. Think white balance.

If you need HDR to see clearly, you have a medical condition and should consult an opthamologist.

Sorry Mgw189, I know this is not what you wanted but what else can we expect.

As far as the tilt goes, I know you know that is an easy fix. I just messing around with its age.

-Nick

original photo so you can see the difference.

3183553637_fcfd5ae789.jpg

You don't need to show the original to prove it was a HDR photograph. Just tell us. If people think it is without HDR techniques, even better. Take those as compliments, even if the individual didn't mean it that way.

I think your photograph is great. I don't like the original at all. It's flat and boring. You did a great job making the photograph interesting. Kudos.

-Nick

Most reactions

Back