Climbing Kebnekaise in Lapland

Thank you thank you :D Although I want to return to this place to take images in better light!

I like the light on these. But it could be very different when if it was bright daylight.

It was OK up to image 5, but then it became all painful with the light and the clouds.

Of course I would not talk of bright sunlight here, but of sunset or sunrise with good visibility and not that fog and leaden clouds which prevented far sight.

4: Climbing to the summit of Vierramvare
3933.jpg

Wow! Amazing sense of scale, love that one.

Thanks!

Most of these are more to tell a story, not to be artsy anyway. But some are better, and I count #2 among them too.

great shots alex, very well done. That looks quite hardcore.. i thought you'd be bivi bagging it on the side of the mountain :lol: Looks like you got good gear tho, im slowly building up my set, buying a few new things before i go on trips... there's sooo much stuff i want tho, i could spend a fortune. :mrgreen:

Looks like you got good gear tho, im slowly building up my set, buying a few new things before i go on trips... there's sooo much stuff i want tho, i could spend a fortune. :mrgreen:

Yes, besides photography it is also a bad money drain ... in particular if you want it bad-weather and four seasons proof, plus lightweight ;)

I accumulated over the years though. A lot of my gear, including one of my tents, is pretty old though (my larger tent and one of my winter sleeping bags are 15 years old).

Thank you Duncan!

I can't even imagine the feeling in your soul when you reach the summit! Is it a spiritual feeling regardless of your religious beliefs? Do all the troubles in the world seem insignificant? Does life take on a new meaning? Or is it more of "Right On!, Let's Party!" ? Just curious...I am in awe of the whole undertaking...:hail:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back