Cloning help.

WDodd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
scheopfle-4.jpg

I was wondering if anyone could show/tell/teach me how to remove the pink flower in the background that is oh-so-distracting. I tried the clone tool but it looks pretty bad, hence my search for a more advanced method.

I dont think the clone tool is the one for you there.
But to use it, select the clone tool, you will then have a curser to which to need to select the area you wish to clone. Do this by holding Alt and clicking. Then the next time you click it will clone the area where you Alt clicked, and copy it to where your cursor is.
Personally because that background has a slight green tint, i think you might be better using the colour picker, and a paint brush.

The_Traveler: Looks a lot better than my version. Thanks a lot! Would you mind running through the steps you used to do that?

Goldeeno: I'm familiar with the clone tool, I just didn't like the results so therefore I was looking for an alternative method.

There was no specific recipe. Purely trial and error.
I used the clone tool with different size brushes and hardnesses and tried to imitate other blurry areas by picking and choosing the 'donor' sites.

I smudged a little, blurred a little.
Undid, redid - all on a duplicate layer.
Played with it until it started to get worse and then quit.

This what you had in mind? Sorry had to eliminate the bush entirely to make it more acceptable.

ps-1.jpg

Yep looks very good thanks Peniole!!!

The_Traveler: I guess I just didn't mess around with it enough. I had the same basic technique I just didn't like where it was heading.

Patch tool, is pretty good as well. I'm going to try my hand at removing it tomorrow when I have some time. Thank goodness for the weekend.

Here's my attempt. Didn't spend a ton of time on it as it wasn't turning out how I wanted. Figured I'd share anyways,

flower-edit.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back