Close Inspection

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Watched the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Solder while in DC. For anyone who hasn't watched it, it's an impressive ceremony to watch.

D800, 70-200 f/2.8 @ f/2.8, 110mm, ISO 100, 1/1000sec

I've seen the ceremony, 'though not actually at the tomb. VERY impressive. The number of hours those guys put into practice and kit maintenance must be staggering!

Awesome!! I'd like to see the color version of that.
Thanks! The issue with the color version is that the people standing in the background are wearing many different and bright colors. It was quite distracting in the final image.
I've seen the ceremony, 'though not actually at the tomb. VERY impressive. The number of hours those guys put into practice and kit maintenance must be staggering!
I can't even imagine how many hours they spend. I know it's very rigorous training. It is amazing how they pull it off so flawlessly every time. I also got to see something I didn't think I'd get to see, and that was the guard stepping off the carpet to yell at some of the audience who wasn't following the rules. They are VERY quick to put them in their place.

If you ever get a chance to see the Spirit of America show, do it; it's the same regiment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back