Cloud Storage

Pure

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anybody else used BackBlaze for cloud storage? For $5 a month it seems like an awesome deal. Any opinions on why or why not to use it?

I gave Mozy a try, a similar service.

After 2 months it still hadn't finished backing up my computer and images.

I was adding data faster than it could back it up, and that was a pro account.

I sent them a pointed communication outlining the reasons for my disatisfaction with their service and they refunded my money.

$5 cost is misleading...

The only way (as KmH might have discovered) for these services to work to satisfaction is if you have a fast connection upstream. That type of connection is going to cost you.

I use backblaze and have been happy with it. I haven't needed it yet but I've tested retrieving files it and it worked fine. Probably took 3-4 weeks to upload everything (100gb to start with I think over a ~10mbps connection) and now I just back it up after I load new pictures. It's always done by morning when I backup over night. Definitely good for piece of mind. Got a call that my house had been broken into a month ago and didn't know if my laptop was gone or not. Turned out they didn't take it but I at least knew my pictures weren't gone even if they had.

Most reactions

Back