Clouds

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Geronimo, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Geronimo

Geronimo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    [​IMG]

I would be interested in your opinions about this one. Thanks in advance or if you give a negative review Screw You in advance. :wink: :lol:

2. photobug

photobug TPF Noob!

Well, ya better break out the lube... :)

Amazing cloud structures, was the wind blowing at ground level? Looks like it was zipping along pretty good up where the clouds are.

Except for the blown highlights this would be a super shot.

And somebody is gonna say the horizon is crooked, but I think it's more a receding coastline give the skewed appearance. Or it might be crooked. :lol:

3. bogleric

bogleric TPF Noob!

the cloud structures are interesting, but that is really all. The true interest that holds the viewer is the ground going toward the horizon and then maybe 1/3 of the sky.

The highlights in the sky are overblown to the point they look not so good. I think photobug is right about the horizon, just an illusion.

Well, you asked for it.....

4. canonrebel

canonrebel TPF Noob!

I like this dramatic photo. I like it a lot! Would you try cropping out the lower third of the photo just for kicks and giggles. I'm krazy about the lower third. It is so kewl! The entire photo looks sureal. This was definitely a once-in-a-life time moment and you've captured it ver nicely. you could have added more exposure and it still would have been a winner. You could crop it several different ways and the crops would still be winners.
    You did good.

the Rebel

5. ZacKrohn

ZacKrohn TPF Noob!

I know the clouds are kinda the subject of your picture...but personally I would prefer the picture if you croped from where that big cloud starts down to the bottom...just my thoughts though...a very good picture

6. ChrisPol

ChrisPol TPF Noob!

Generally when someone has a cloud photo the photo fails to capture whatever was amazing about the clouds that warranted a picture.

However, your photo is very breathtaking and dramatic. The contrast and black and white is great and really adds to the scene.

If you have more that you took in that same session you should post them. I would also be interested in some color versions to see what type of effect the black and white has on the scene; perhaps color would be less dramatic and ominious.

7. Geronimo

Geronimo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks guys for the suggestions. Let me play with the orginal some more and see if I can get the details in the clouds. Was not able to really compose these as I wanted. The wind and rising tide, plus the laying on jagged rocks prevented me from framing them exactly how I wanted.

ChrisPol I have several more of these shots but dont have the time to post them right now. After I return from dinner I might be able to post some. Alls I have online right now are these two

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. canonrebel

canonrebel TPF Noob!

WOW! You got more of these? I'll be waiting for you to get back from dinner

Reb

9. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wow the color ones are wicked :!: I dont feel like the B&W do it enough justice.

10. canonrebel

canonrebel TPF Noob!

On #2, your selection method left a halo on the mountains. You can remove it with the pen tool, but It's still a great photo as is.

Reb

11. ZacKrohn

ZacKrohn TPF Noob!

I like the color #1 much better...(I think its the same as the origonal you posted...I would still crop about 1 inch off the top..

12. Geronimo

Geronimo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well here are the other ones. Pretty much the same composition but ehh.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cannonrebel all the but the black and white are pretty much untouched. Did a slight correction in the contrast of the images but nothing else. The halo might be the way light plays funny tricks around the horizen this time of earth with the temp.