Co-worker rant.

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i would like to nominate everyone that works at the "mother store".

i wont go into names, or locations...but ill tell you this much:

communication is at an all time low. In order to know when a new rule or regulation has come out or been created, i have to BREAK said rule first.

they have the personality of a day old piece of italian bread. seriously, i get more pleasure out of talking about shoes with my 2 year old niece..and all she can say is "shoes".

i sometimes dream of walking up to them, asking them nicely to stop wasting my oxygen and please drop dead.

ok, im done. that felt good.

SEE!

Love this: "asking them nicely to stop wasting my oxygen and please drop dead."

Consider it stolen.

bace said:
SEE!

Love this: "asking them nicely to stop wasting my oxygen and please drop dead."

Consider it stolen.

you can have it bro, anytime.

Well seeing as though there's only the 2 of us that work in the chocolate shop, I don't have that many people to get annoyed at. And the other girl is great! She's so nice and helpful! The bosses are great too - we chat and have big bitches about other chefs and businesses and brides that have rooted us around.
hehe, sorry bace to make your thread all sappy, but I love my job!! :mgreen: Although it does get a bit boring sometimes.

If I had to nominate a frustrating oxygen waster, it would be every single person who works at the big lectrical retailer we have here. They are so stupid and don't know a single thing and never ever help the customer. Every time I go into that damn shop I come out feeling like crap coz I've just had to deal with some stupid 13 or 43 year old dickhead who is still waiting for their IQ to go into double digits. Grrrrr :irked:

This is one big plus for working from home. My team has 15 people on it, but I never see them. All my work is done via imaging and the computer and I have a phone hooked up to a local number in MN, but I work out of my home office here in NH. The flip side is of course that it can be lonely, but it's a lot less stress and I'm a lot more productive. Plus, I get to spend the moring in my bathrobe :mrgreen:

I used to have two people to rant about at work. Fortunately, one left and the other has been "restrained" from the company. :bounce: Now we are a happy family again. :hail: Thanks PG! :hug::

Holy freakin' cow, where do I start?

How about the people I like to refer to as Telephone Terrorists? You know, the ones who call you up on the phone and take you hostage. I have two in my office. Instead of stating what they need or what their question is up front, they have to start their story at the beginning of time, making sure to give you every...single...mind-numbing...niggling detail (relevant or not), and thereby taking forever to get to the bloody point.

Oh...and the coffee bandit, too. The one who leaves the coffee pots on the hot burners with only a chaw-spit's worth of coffee in 'em. Lovely smell, burning coffee. Yeah, the sole purpose of my existance is to follow behind your slothful, head-filled butt and make a fresh pot. Look here Sparky...dump filter...new filter...three scoops of coffee...flip a switch with the finger you don't have up your nose. The damned thing's hooked up to the plumbing. Is it really so bleeding hard to do?

Then there's the testicularly-challenged supervisor who can't make a decision to save his sorry life. I don't know what to do. What should I do? Tell me what to do! Hey, nutless. You're a supervisor. I'm an advisor. I've given you all the information you need to make an informed decision. So, grow a pair and earn that paycheck that's twice what I make. It's your job.

Whew! I almost feel a little better.

PetersCreek said:
Holy freakin' cow, where do I start?

How about the people I like to refer to as Telephone Terrorists? You know, the ones who call you up on the phone and take you hostage. I have two in my office. Instead of stating what they need or what their question is up front, they have to start their story at the beginning of time, making sure to give you every...single...mind-numbing...niggling detail (relevant or not), and thereby taking forever to get to the bloody point.

Oh...and the coffee bandit, too. The one who leaves the coffee pots on the hot burners with only a chaw-spit's worth of coffee in 'em. Lovely smell, burning coffee. Yeah, the sole purpose of my existance is to follow behind your slothful, head-filled butt and make a fresh pot. Look here Sparky...dump filter...new filter...three scoops of coffee...flip a switch with the finger you don't have up your nose. The damned thing's hooked up to the plumbing. Is it really so bleeding hard to do?

Then there's the testicularly-challenged supervisor who can't make a decision to save his sorry life. I don't know what to do. What should I do? Tell me what to do! Hey, nutless. You're a supervisor. I'm an advisor. I've given you all the information you need to make an informed decision. So, grow a pair and earn that paycheck that's twice what I make. It's your job.

Whew! I almost feel a little better.

NICE. REAL NICE. i think this might be therapeutic.

My turn.

My school is filled with childish idiots. I'm in a world lit class that is flawed grammar 101, we're not doing anything tomorrow and are told to bring "school appropriate free reading books". ??? I have book called snow white and russian red, the book is about a guy almost always on speed, most of the dialouge is swearing and death threats. And its a good book. I plan on taking to read tomorrw, they can't dictate what I read.

My sociology class takes a day to split into groups to do a worksheet and spends the next going over it. I drink a double-shot espresso every morning and I almost fall asleep in the class quite often.

My school usually has two different entrees for lunch, I don't eat meat so I take the one that I can avoid the meat (ie, sandwhich) today they had noodles, cheese and meat stirred together. The "alternative" was a stupid salad bar with some old lettuce and tomatoes, that's all.

I go to the music deptartment of the school during my study hall to talk and do homework, but since we came back 3 minutes before the bell, not 5 minutes we can't go there for a week and have to sit in studyhall and get yelled at and can't talk.

In debate someone messes up the 200 page file I'm printing because they are stupid. And I have to try to explain italian philosopher gorgio agamben's ideas of unmaksing the mytho-juridical violence of the law to a bunch of people who don't care but I might have to debate with.

I hate highschool so much, I just want to go to college, but I'm only a junior, 2 more years! :thumbdown:

I really don't feel much better, a lot of swearing would of have helped

darin3200 said:
My turn.

My school is filled with childish idiots. I'm in a world lit class that is flawed grammar 101, we're not doing anything tomorrow and are told to bring "school appropriate free reading books". ??? I have book called snow white and russian red, the book is about a guy almost always on speed, most of the dialouge is swearing and death threats. And its a good book. I plan on taking to read tomorrw, they can't dictate what I read.

My sociology class takes a day to split into groups to do a worksheet and spends the next going over it. I drink a double-shot espresso every morning and I almost fall asleep in the class quite often.

My school usually has two different entrees for lunch, I don't eat meat so I take the one that I can avoid the meat (ie, sandwhich) today they had noodles, cheese and meat stirred together. The "alternative" was a stupid salad bar with some old lettuce and tomatoes, that's all.

I go to the music deptartment of the school during my study hall to talk and do homework, but since we came back 3 minutes before the bell, not 5 minutes we can't go there for a week and have to sit in studyhall and get yelled at and can't talk.

In debate someone messes up the 200 page file I'm printing because they are stupid. And I have to try to explain italian philosopher gorgio agamben's ideas of unmaksing the mytho-juridical violence of the law to a bunch of people who don't care but I might have to debate with.

I hate highschool so much, I just want to go to college, but I'm only a junior, 2 more years! :thumbdown:

I really don't feel much better, a lot of swearing would of have helped

Wow, hang in there man!!

I know exactly how you feel, I dealt with much of the same in high school. Be very careful what school you end up at, most colleges are exactly the same.

OKay here I'll give it a go ...

I work in a call center surrounded by people who can't seem to do their job properly to save their lives ... there are consistently messages on the intranet about the same mistakes being made over and over and over again to no avail and it then comes down to someone like me who gets these absolutely irate people on the phone who've been misinformed, lied to or otherwise screwed around and I get to spend up to 1/2 an hour getting yelled at for someone elses screw up only to get another call like that an hour later :pissed:

then there's a girl on my team that is always a few desktops away from me who is prejudiced, racist, abrasive and and all around offensive who seems to feel the need to be heard over everyone else in a call center of about 120 employees and she drives me so *(*!ing nuts I could scream :banghead: :angry1:

yep I think I do feel a bit better about my crap job which I perform for crap pay and deal with crap people .... oh wait nope ... I still hate it :mrgreen:

mountainlander said:
Wow, hang in there man!!

I know exactly how you feel, I dealt with much of the same in high school. Be very careful what school you end up at, most colleges are exactly the same.
Yeah, I'm looking at smaller liberal arts colleges but wow, they are a bit expensive :confused:

I work 2 jobs: one at a Thai Restaurant, the other at a Fish & Chip shop.

The Thai Restaurant is almost perfect, I love my bosses and co-workers there because they all do what they're supposed to do and don't ask dumb questions. Fair enough my boss only speaks textbook English but i've learned to cope with it. The 2 waitresses are both smart and are pure eyecandy to look at (one of them is a Surf model...where are you Bace? :mrgreen: ). My Rant is some of the people that come in off the street...

- Exhibit 1: Last week I was out the back doing what a Kitchen hand should be doing and assisting the Chef. Three Jahovas Witnesses (people who love pushing relidgon onto others) came into the place and started preaching to one of the girls out the front so she retreated back into the kitchen from the barrage of biblical tripe that was being spilled out the front, I went out back out there and explained to them everyone here who was Asian was a devout Muslim (true) and I then explained that My Mother is a Roman Catholic and my Father is a Protestant (not true) and the waitresses are all Athiests who don't believe in god (not true).....they left very quickly! :lol:

I won't bother with the Chip shop in this post. :greenpbl:

Most reactions

Back