COLOUR problems - massive colour problems!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A little over two weeks ago, I took photos at the festivities of the inauguration of a company nearby who had moved to new and much larger, nicer premises and were celebrating the move and re-opening.

In order to celebrate, they had borrowed a large tent of the kind you find on Oktoberfest in Munich, and when I went to scout out the place on the day before, I realised I would get enough light through the tent walls, and nicely diffused by them, to take my pics without the use of flash (for the on-camera flash is the only one I have, anyway).

On the day before, however, the tent-builders were still in the process of setting up the tent, and many of the decorations were not there at the time.

And on the day itself, my EYES did not realise that the yellow curtains that then finally hung from the "ceiling-beams" would make all my photos become frightfully yellow :shock: :oops:

zeltinnen2wahlersfest.jpg

zeltinnenwahlersfest.jpg

You can see what "curtains" I am talking about? In addition to those, also the tables had yellow table cloth (or much rather that wipe-off-easy plastic "cloth", you know?) - so in the end each and EVERY one of my near to 500 photos of the even showed people "suffering from jaundice". Horrors!

beforeafterwahlersfest.jpg

This is just one example of how I tried to change the colours back to somewhat normal. The person is a local politician so I feel safe enough to post his pic without any release, his pic shows in the paper all the time, anyway.

I meanwhile sold my pics to the company and their feedback was really positive since I zoomed in on people from afar and made portrait style photos of them which is what none of the other photographers did - and I hope everyone's happy with the colour of their skin now!!! :shock:

I touched each and every pic individually... could this have worked as an "action"? I don't know who to create any PS actions ... ! :oops:

It could, if the adjustments were all similar.

To create an action, click the little arrow at the top right of the action palette and choose new action. Give it a name so that you can remember it and click the record button.

do whatever it is that you do with the pic, then once done click the stop button at the bottom of the action palette, this will save all of the things that you did. then when you open another image, go to your action palette and select the action that you made, and click the play button - it will then run through what you did.

Simple as that really.

Hmmm. I worked in the levels.
I opened the blue channel and took out the yellow (H 205 and M 1.20), then the red (S 10 and M 0.90), and lastly the green (H 235 and S 10). I think those were the steps I took with most of the pics.

(H = Highlight end of histogramme, M =Midtone range, S = Shadow end)

lol that had to make you want to CRY seeing how practically everything there is yellow AND shiny

Dang. For these many to be shot in RAW I have too few memory cards, too little memory. I knew I'd too soon run out of memory and thus had to go back to JPEG :roll: ... had I only known...!!!
But ... now that they paid for the album they got, I might go get me more memory! :idea:

Corinna: Yes you can make an action to do this. I'd suggest record an action using the color balance tool. Start with an image that is fairly representative, use the sliders on the color balance tool to adjust the color how you like it. Then to make it run faster, while still recording the action, I'd save the image and close it. This way you can open ALL the images up in PS and then just click play on the action. It will color correct and then save and close. Then just hit play again, because the image loaded underneath is ready to go. That's how I do a lot of 'batch editing' when it can't be done in RAW.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back