Columbia Hills Wildflowers at sunrise

mattpayne11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of my favorite shots so far this spring taken from the Dalles Mountain Ranch near The Dalles just across the Columbia River in Washington.

Shot with the Nikon D800, Nikon 14-24 f/2.8 @14mm ~ four shots for the foreground at ISO 800 (focus stacking) and one for the mid/background at ISO 100.

Beautiful spring color! Your work came out nicely with focus stacking. I'll have to try it some time.

How exactly is the focus stacking completed? Obviously your using a tripod, but do you keep your f-stop & shutter speed constant and just adjust your focal point 5 times?

Also, once you have all 5 pictures, what program are you using to stack the pictures? And does that program automate that process, or is that done manually.

I love the picture, and would love to learn new techniques like the one you are using.

Thanks.

How exactly is the focus stacking completed? Obviously your using a tripod, but do you keep your f-stop & shutter speed constant and just adjust your focal point 5 times?

Also, once you have all 5 pictures, what program are you using to stack the pictures? And does that program automate that process, or is that done manually.

I love the picture, and would love to learn new techniques like the one you are using.

Thanks.

Yes, you basically have it, I start as close to me as I need to, usually at f/11 or f/13 (sometimes f/16 if there is no wind). I use photoshop to combine all of the photos. There's actually a great tutorial on this technique on 500px that was posted this week.

I am not sure, we were up there around the first part of May last year and they still had plenty of life in them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back