Comic con

EIngerson

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I I heard in the news there were several issues at Comic Con in San Diego. I keyed in on one. It was stated that some people at Comic Con had issues with their photos being taken and it was presented in a lump sum of complaints of sexual harassment.

I'm going to remove the fact that I am a photographer from the equation and speak as if I am a costume clad patron of this gala event.

I would know and understand that a convention center is a public place and the purpose of Comic Con is to display and publicize these fictional characters and the lifestyle that goes along with it.

Now the photographer in me must come out. If you dress up in a vibrant display of your favorite comic book character and go to an event such as Comic Con. I am going to take your photograph (probably many times) and consider you being there as your expressed permission for me to do so. I can't believe that someone would would intentionally draw attention to themselves and then complain when that attention is received.

Thoughts?

Reminds me of those women who dress with above average cleavage and then get mad when you look.

But yeah, dress up like a giant elf wizard and people are going to take your photo, don't be a moron and get mad.

......... dress up like a giant elf wizard and people are going to take your photo,.....
So true.

Some of the girls dress in quite "provocative" outfits. The characters they are portraying were designed, by men, to be sexy. So they are out there in tutus that don't even cover their butts, fishnets, corsets, blue hair, and big swords; then they cry sexual harassment when someone takes their picture? I really don't even know what to say about that.

I can't believe that someone would would intentionally draw attention to themselves and then complain when that attention is received.
Reminds me of those women who dress with above average cleavage and then get mad when you look.
Some of the girls dress in quite "provocative" outfits. The characters they are portraying were designed, by men, to be sexy. So they are out there in tutus that don't even cover their butts, fishnets, corsets, blue hair, and big swords; then they cry sexual harassment when someone takes their picture?
I have to completely agree with this

I I heard in the news there were several issues at Comic Con in San Diego. I keyed in on one. It was stated that some people at Comic Con had issues with their photos being taken and it was presented in a lump sum of complaints of sexual harassment.

I'm going to remove the fact that I am a photographer from the equation and speak as if I am a costume clad patron of this gala event.

I would know and understand that a convention center is a public place and the purpose of Comic Con is to display and publicize these fictional characters and the lifestyle that goes along with it.

Now the photographer in me must come out. If you dress up in a vibrant display of your favorite comic book character and go to an event such as Comic Con. I am going to take your photograph (probably many times) and consider you being there as your expressed permission for me to do so. I can't believe that someone would would intentionally draw attention to themselves and then complain when that attention is received.

Thoughts?

What you said, to about the tenth power. "If you dress up in a vibrant display of your favorite comic book character and go to an event such as Comic Con. I am going to take your photograph (probably many times) and consider you being there as your expressed permission for me to do so"

DIZZ-ACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no explaining people. They're weird.

Well, not the one's dressed as Jedi.. surely...

rotflmao

A family of Jedi Knights

$_MG_7706.jpg

I'm going to remove the fact that I am a photographer from the equation and speak as if I am a costume clad patron of this gala event. I would know and understand that a convention center is a public place and the purpose of Comic Con is to display and publicize these fictional characters and the lifestyle that goes along with it. ..... Thoughts?

I think in this case you haven't completely taken out the photographer in you. IMHO most people are ignorant to the fact that it's okay to have their picture taken in public. Recently a host of a Siriusxm channel was fired for tweets that he made after being attacked my a woman that he photographed on the streets of NYC. The vast majority of the comments from the public were, "he had no right to photograph her". The public I think has no idea what their rights are.
That said, I agree that when dressing like that people should expect such attention.

Most cosplayers are very happy with photographers taking pictures of them. They spent a lot of money to buy their costumes, and few spent a lot of time sewing and making their costumes. They are like celebrities or real superheroes. There is nothing to worry about photographing these cosplayers. As long as you respect them.

Most reactions

Back