Compact Flash Card Question

justshepherds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi....
I've been using a 1GB Lexar Compact Flash card with my Nikon D70 for over a year. Suddenly, when I try to read the card with my computer using a card reader or printer, the computer gives an error message telling me that I must "format the card" before I can use it in the drive. Then, when I put the card back into my camera to look at the photos, they do not appear anymore in normal playback mode. I thought that I had lost them until I tried playing them back in the camera with the camera's slideshow option. Waaa-laaaa....the photos are still there.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? What do I do in order to retrieve my photos on this card? Is it a camera error or is it time for a new card or ?????

Thanks for any help!

I cannot really help you because I don't know how to solve the problem but I have a suggestion: have you tried to recover the pictures by connecting your camera directly to the computer? If that fails, there are software to recover data from memory cards. Google should be a good start (maybe Google something like CF data recovery). I believe there are also some freeware around. Once you have retrieved your pictures from the card, try to format it with the camera to see if that solves your problems.

Google "Lexar Image Rescue" it's free software for image recovery

Then format the card in camera and start fresh

Most reactions

New Topics

Back