Comparing these two cameras

it doesn't always make sense to compare a super zoom with a entry-level DSLR
I'd say that's about right ;)

What do you want to use your camera for? What types of photograph? How involved do you want to get, and how much time do you want to commit?

I first bought the Canon Powershot SX10 IS as my first DSLR I would say the Canon Poershot SX20 IS is a good camera but I wanted to be able to expand with lens capability because it just has that one lens and if you want a better lens you have to buy a whole new camera so I bought the Canon EOS Digital rebel T1i and it is waiting for me back in the states and I can't wait to get my hands on it and start taking pictures with that.

So it depends on how serious you want to get into photography and what your going to be taking pictures of and if you want to get more indepth into photography.

Last edited:
I'm going to use it to experiment whenever I go places, since I'm just a beginner. I'm not going to go into some professional photography or take a class on it. I just want to learn on my own.

I looked at the snapsort site, and I just wanted to mention that the kit price for the Canon T1i has gone down. Those prices listed on the site are definitely a bit high (like MSRP high).

You should be able to get a T1i w/ kit lens for about a shade under $700, more if its on sale.

Seriously, best price for the e-520 is 606€? I bought mine off ebay with two kit lenses for 460.

Most reactions

Back