Complete Beginner starting out through necessity need advice please.

Most of the cheaper lights are out of stock at Lencarta. It also looks as though for my humble beginnings it might be the more expensive and complicated option. Please prove me wrong in this I would appreciate the help in deciding.

Although the above list I have made also I think allows me a resale if and when I need to. The speedlights should I think more readily find a home for some other budding photographer. I am not saying I will sell, but as this is primarily a business expense I am looking at options for later.

I have already spent a lot of time researching the above list Designer and as with most things I can see compiling another list would only confuse matters for me especially if I get some areas wrong and more expense incurs. Thanks for yours a gsgary's input though.

I hope this is not going to be your primary way of making money because you might starve because there is another million or so thinking they will make a living from photography

I hope this is not going to be your primary way of making money because you might starve because there is another million or so thinking they will make a living from photography

No it isn't as stated above I am doing this more so out of necessity for an existing business., but as with anything you learn they sometimes can be used a revenue stream that is all.

Probably a stupid question though?

I know it's not really a good idea to mix lighting units, but advice please.

If I were to get one mono studio light and use it with a larger softbox as my primary light, and then use 2 speedlights for fill in lights, Would the colour/balance difference of the lights be a factor to worry about is this possible. Even when setting the White Balance in camera. I just finished reading light science and magic and have understood partially this point, but I would like clarification.

The reason I ask the room I will be shooting in is quite dark and it requires some sort of light to illuminate the setting up of any shot. I have a daylight LED side light I can use within the room and black out blind for any natural light, but unless this set up light is turned off an on it will always be in the mix of the lighting anyways. If I purchased a mono light with modelling lamp at least I would have a setup light prior to shooting the flashes.

What ambient/natural light do you shoot under normally when using speedlights in a fixed studio environment?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back