Completely new and don't know where to start

Between adorama and B&H is either better? Both are basically the same price.

Better yet, black or silver. ha.
good things are said about both companies.

black is supposed the color of the pros but i have the silver :) so i guess i'm not a pro :(

Hey, if you haven't bought anything yet and you are still considering the XTi, I would aim to get this setup for the trip:

Canon Rebel XTi
Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 - standard kit
Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 - nice for those buildings and other things you won't be able to get close to. you can also look at the Sigma equivalent, which is cheaper and good.

Ok, I was just searching around the canon website and see that the next rebel is set to come out next month. Is the XSi worth waiting for and buying?

I have a Rebel XT and completely love it. You can get one on eBay for around $400 used. The XTi is the same sensor with higher megapixels and some say the quality of pictures is not any better... but i don't know if that's a fact or not.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The 50mm is a good lens, but if you have just the 50mm and a telephoto of say, 70-300, you'll be pretty limited. You won't have a wide angle lens. I'd go with a wide angle zoom and a telephoto zoom.

When you go for a tele, I think you should look at the Tamron 70-300. sabbath recommended this to me when I was looking at these types of lenses, and I would have bought it if my dad didn't bring home a much more expensive 400mm Sigma lens.

And yes, you should buy the 50mm 1.8 also.

The 50mm is a good lens, but if you have just the 50mm and a telephoto of say, 70-300, you'll be pretty limited. You won't have a wide angle lens. I'd go with a wide angle zoom and a telephoto zoom.

umm, is the lens kit that comes with the XTi a wide angle zoom?

The kit lens is a 18-55 zoom, which is a wide angle.

Not extremely wide, but wide enough for just about anything you'll want. Go to the shop and have a look through it beforeyou buy.

^^^^ what they said, you will be fine with the kit lens and im sure you would benefit from getting lower end telephoto zoom also

And get it in black:D

Ok so I think im going to go with the XTi with the lens kit. If I decide I want more from there, ill add on.

What about the XSi? Those that seem worth purchasing over the XTi? yes or no and why?

sorry to keep bugging but anyone?

I'm going with an XSi, mainly because I'm getting a good deal. Otherwise I'd probably get the XTi or even the XT.

And yes, wide angle zoom and telephoto zoom would probably fulfill your needs.

OK, i've decided the XSi is out of the question.

So the question is now. Are their any major differences between the XT and XTi in terms of photo quality?

Im asking this because I can get an XT package for $531 while an XTi and lens kit will cost me $590.

Is it worth spending the extra for an XTi?

Most reactions

Back