Composition Problem

rickyg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

Going through some pictures I found the following one.
fullcokeex6.jpg

There is something just sortof off about it. I generally like it, but find it a bit distracting in the way its composed. A bit too busy if you will.

One thought I had was to essentially split it onto two halves, since they kinda stand out on their own:
cokesidenf6.jpg

and

plantsidejb2.jpg

Nothing too spectacular, but could use some comments and tips as to how to approach this type of subject in the future. I don't know why but trash on the streets kinda enthralls me as a subject for photographs :D

Thanks!
Ricky

Ps. This is my first time posting here, so I hope I got this within the guidelines. Feel free to make changes to the original picture if needed.

I guess you liked the colors and texture in this trash pile. Just keep trying any composition. You'll find your favorite one in the end....

I remember the time I posted a photo to Critique which also had the main subject on the left, with something leading towards a sort of empty right. And I was then told that the picture would have been better if things had started on the right and were leading to the left. That, so I was told, was the way we look.

At the time - and with the knowledge of the scene "in real life" in my head - I did not like the flipped over image, though everyone else said that flipped over horizontally it would look a lot better.

Now I see this as a photo only, without ever having seen the scene, and my immediate thought was: this empty coke can belongs to the RIGHT. It is on the wrong side. :scratch: Maybe there is something in what I was taught here in Critique all that while back in so far that we DO look from the right to the left and want a starting point on the right and not emptiness there?

Could flipping the pic over do the trick for you?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back