composition... street photo

ognistik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I know there's much to criticise in this picture but what I am trying to pay attention is composition. It would be great help for me if you tell me how would this picture look like if you had taken it... I was not able to change my location (and of course, the same for the "models").

I have more shots, maybe I will post them later in here

nu.jpg

Crop out the shadow on the right and its as good composition as it could be. I has no significant reason to be there anyway. It wont throw the image off balance.

Now in the spirit of shootem as they lay, did you hurry your shot. If so it is understandable it not let me suggest you zoom in on the face, lock the eposure and zoom out to frame. If that is possible for you. In other words the face is dark. I would have required a little time so if you were snap shooting it is understandable.

oh sorry, the dark face was because of my bad photoshop manipulation. Ok. I cropped it, I sharpened it a little, fixed the dark face issue and added a simple border to isolate it... now, I think it looks way better but it would be nice to get some feedback.

Thanks!!

nub.jpg

^the edit makes it look really unnatural, sorry. i like the first one alot though, very nice. the shadow in the right way kinda annoying though.

I think the darkness of the original gave it something. Looks to clean on the edit. The crop is cool, and I would have taken the bike wheel out also.

Tough call. The PP'd versions lose too much shadow detail, but the unedited is too flat. Composition is pretty spot on, though.

That is better as far as the skin tone.

Still think it needs a tighter crop.

4zkv9g3-.jpg

-

Thanks a lot for commenting. This is an in-between. Not as plain but not as dark. I think it is goot to be able to see details of the eyes. And I like this crop too, with the bike. But well... it is interesting to see how a picture can change with a little bit more or less contrast and brightness.

Thanks!​

nuc.jpg

I like your original unedited version the most. Bike wheel gives the shot a sense of depth and the shadow on the right, though it takes away the attention for a second, it somehow bring my eye back to her face (I guess it’s the angle of the handle in the shadow). Besides this, the bike wheel and shadow provide sort of a natural frame to the shot which I kinda like.

But may be its just me.

The bike wheel is a distraction to me...The woman and dog alone are beautiful...first version, don't lighten the whole thing maybe just her face. Nice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back