Karalee

hOtLiPs!
Reaction score
Website
www.shuttervisions.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
656.jpg

The family wanted their pic taken in the snow, I was trying something new and came back with this as an idea, Does the angle and framing work for you or is it too busy?

There's still a little detail in the corner, but not much. I don't mind how bright it is, I just think there's too much of it. Becasue it's so bright, it dominates the lower half of the photo and takes away from the beautiful family.

I think the overall compo iswell-balanced...however I do find that you framed them to tight to the left side. you could have spaced them out a bit farther from each other...they look a little cramped and there's loads of room for them to be spread out a bit.
Beautiful setting and I like the BW :)

It does look like they are posing for a tighter angle, which seems a little uncomfortable with this much space. There's a lot white, too. I'd crop down and in on the right. Even though it chops off their feet, I might even come up some, just to get rid of the white in the lower right some more. I think you got a great exposure, especially considering the surroundings, and I love the background. Unfortunately I do find the blank areas really distracting.

I like it, but I would move them into the snow to fill up some of that white space (next time I mean, not with PS). Maybe you could play around with USM or curves in the snow in the lower right corner to bring out more of the texture. To me it's too blank right now.

Maybe even fill up more of the frame with the people while leaving the background similarly composed. Or arrange the people along the shore (not too far back) so that the heads aren't all clumped together.

Thanks all for the comments and feedback, its good to be able to try something new and get feedback from some like minded people :)

I was a bit iffy on the snow also, so I did a test print, after I had converted it to othe printer profile and uploaded, I could see there was detail in the snow, so I was pleased to get the print back and see that there was actually some detail there. I wish they would have spaced out more, but they were freezing, the father made them all take their coats off (crazy!) so the whole shoot only lasted about 20 or 25 frames. The family was from New Orleans, so I dont think they were all too well prepared for a Montana winterland :lol:

Here are a few more from the shoot

6.jpg

5465.jpg

7.jpg

Thanks again, so much for the feedback! It was just what I needed. Ive learnt, I dont like to take portraits in the snow :lol: this one was an exposure nightmare for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back