Connecting New Cameras to Older Strobes

Shutterbug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hiya, I have a question regarding newer digital cameras and older strobe power boxes.

I own a Norman P2000D strobe light kit. I have two powerboxes, 4 strobe heads, and 2 strobe focusing units (It's like a strobe head with a focusable aperture)

This saturday, I'm buying a Nikon D70. I know it doesn't have the standard flash port (Like on my Nikon F) but it does have a hot shoe. Now, I was wondering, is there any adaptor from hot shoe to box connector? (It's a two pronged male connection... It looks like the end of a two pronged extention cord)

If such a thing exists (I certainly hope it does) where can one purchase it? I'm hot to start using my strobes with digital.

They do make hot shoe adapters for PC connection. Is that what you have?

If you know the type of your strobe plug just do a search...they probably have something at Adorama or B&H.

Be sure that the voltage from the older capacitor can be managed by the adapter or camera. Some adapters step down the voltage of older strobes, and I know that Novatron can modify some of their units for lower voltage digital pc connections.

Most reactions

Back