Cool logo treatment or not so hot?

632251589_u7bgk-XL.jpg

Better? Worse?

the first one is better, this text looks to pedestrian to me but i do like how its more transparent.

my $.02

I like the logo for situations like this where your displaying images on forums and sites but not for my personal collection.

I definitely like #2 better
No, I wouldn't do it to every image.

Here's the original, just more transparent.

632258787_H2Hxz-XL.jpg

Does anyone know what a logo is?
Since I've worked in advertising for some 15 years... I'm pretty sure I have an idea what a logo is. What do you think it is? It doesn't always have to be an icon or graphic. Text is commonly used, if that's the brand image.

I prefer the more classic version.
Love your port ;)

sorry for the quick hijack, but i love that avatar dustin. iz rocks!

I think the blocky, new-age font you're using on InTempus is very hard to read...it's simply not an "at-a-glance" font...I cannot read it intuitively, in a few milliseconds,and I think that is the goal for a "brand" font and a brand-level image.

As to the fellow who watermarks every image,but changes the font with each image--most branding experts would caution against that much variation from image to image.

In the shot of the model standing on the chair at the beach, the very large logo becomes an element in the photo's compositional space, and in my opinion, ruins the shot entirely; the logo competes very strongly for attention with the photo's content,and it diminishes your photographic efforts.

Derrel, you right about not changing your font all the time. That's a no-no. It works for him, but typically speaking that's not something you do.

I'm keeping my font, I like it as it fits how I view myself and images. I'm not going for the instant (within milliseconds) readability, I'm looking for something out of the ordinary and memorable.

Here's the final version I'm using for my avatar on MM:

632750597_ogguT-L.jpg

As I mentioned, this isn't something I plan to do to each image. I will do it to one or so each shooting session so I may change my avatar occasionally.

As for the web watermark that I will use to prevent piracy, I will probably go with the URL at the bottom for now. The goal is to mark the image as mine and to discourage theft and also to tell people how to contact me should they want the image legitimately.

For what it's worth I like this one. I love how the opacity of the font makes the clouds look more ominous. I do think it is a bit distracting, and draws my attention away from a very cool shot, but from what i gather that's not one of your concerns in this case, so no biggie there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back