Cooper's Hawk - Pigeon sympathizers should ignore

These are seriously sharp Brent. The color is bright and very nice. That first one reminds me of an old vampire movie:chuncky:

Thanks Dean.

Another great set. Super sharp. Definitely one way to get rid of the pigeons.

Thank you. If only I can get him to take one a day.

Excellent set.

Thank you.

Great set i want the two where we are to take out a few squirrels.

Nooo not the squirrels. The squirrels don't give me problems and they co-exist happily with the birds. I like squirrels.
the ones here don't they chase the Jay's juncos and doves off as well as the chipmunk and they come
In as a group of three and keep emptying the feeder after I just filled it up

I've got a baffle on my feeder pole so they can't climb up to the feeder. They just pick seeds off the ground.
the juncos here like to eat on the ground same with the doves and Jay's

Nice pics. Many downtowns deploy hawk homes to curb pigeon congregation

Thanks JC.

Great set!

Thanks Brian

These are seriously sharp Brent. The color is bright and very nice. That first one reminds me of an old vampire movie:chuncky:

Thanks Dean.

Another great set. Super sharp. Definitely one way to get rid of the pigeons.

Thank you. If only I can get him to take one a day.

Excellent set.

Thank you.

Great set i want the two where we are to take out a few squirrels.

Nooo not the squirrels. The squirrels don't give me problems and they co-exist happily with the birds. I like squirrels.
the ones here don't they chase the Jay's juncos and doves off as well as the chipmunk and they come
In as a group of three and keep emptying the feeder after I just filled it up

I've got a baffle on my feeder pole so they can't climb up to the feeder. They just pick seeds off the ground.
the juncos here like to eat on the ground same with the doves and Jay's

Yep, also our Cardinals tend to eat off the floor more often than the feeders as well.

A wonderful set of images Brent. Hard to say what one is my favourite, but Guilty just wins.

Nice pics. Many downtowns deploy hawk homes to curb pigeon congregation

The city of St. Paul has had a successful Peregrine Falcon nesting and breeding program since 1987. They have cams in some you can watch live when there's chicks.

So, if you're ever downtown St. Paul and you see some pigeons suddenly take flight and one appears to explode.......yep, falcon dinner.

That is a really impressive set Brent very sharp and clear and quite an unusual sighting. Life beyond the supermarket is quite grim. I watched a Sharpshined Hawk take a Red-bellied Woodpecker one time. He just plucked the feathers started pulling it apart as soon as he landed on a branch with it. I think the victims go into shock when they're eaten alive.

That is a really impressive set Brent very sharp and clear and quite an unusual sighting. Life beyond the supermarket is quite grim. I watched a Sharpshined Hawk take a Red-bellied Woodpecker one time. He just plucked the feathers started pulling it apart as soon as he landed on a branch with it. I think the victims go into shock when they're eaten alive.

Thank you. I think he is going to be a frequent visitor. This is the second pigeon I know for sure and the wife spotted him on our fence again a couple days ago. No catch that time.

Really wonderful photos, I once saw a sparrowhawk quite near me with a pigeon but sadly no camera to hand.

Actually we have an open air shopping mall called Chipichape in Cali and pigeons used to be a problem in the eating area. Now the mall plays a recording of a hawk in that area and the pigeons stay away.

Wow. Gorgeous set!! I love the first one and #5 the best. Great set.

Great shots! Glad you were able to get them!
Our feeders our equal opportunity also. I'll spot a coopers or sharp shinned buzzing the feeders occasionally...and will have evidence of nature in action once or twice a year.

Nice shoots, lucky opportunity.

Most reactions

Back