Corvette and Z4 Night Shoot

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
Last night was a fun one. My friend keith was up from houston with his brand new corvette. We decided it would be a good night for some car photos so we headed out to get some shots. We were taking some photos by these railroad tracks, just when a resurfacing train sparked by. It made an awesome backdrop to some already cool photos! Enjoy!

DSC_1746.JPG

DSC_1694.JPG

DSC_1709.JPG

DSC_1745.JPG

these are really neat. my only critique is the exposure. the sky is fantastic, but the cars just get lost (#3 excluded). i really like the composition and surroundings. the cars just need some kind of light on them.

these are really neat. my only critique is the exposure. the sky is fantastic, but the cars just get lost (#3 excluded). i really like the composition and surroundings. the cars just need some kind of light on them.

thanks, yea I tried to use a flash as a fill light... i think I might have to buy one of those 1,000,000 candle power spot lights for next time

i like the first two, 3 and 4 arent really doing it for me though
too bad about your friend getting a corvette :p

i really like these shots!!!
but yes, the exposure is off unfortunately
they have a lot of potential!
#1 and 2 are my faves
i think i'd like the first one a lot more with a tighter crop to emphasize the graffiti and if the exposure was altered
nice work though - keep it up :)

are these HDR pictures???

wow those are some incredibly beautiful photos. I really like #3 with all those nice starbursts and an awesome looking sky.

one option you could do is setup for a longer exposure and "paint" with your off camera flash (fired manually with the test button) to get the exposure correct/closer. if you turn the power way down on the flash you should be able to light up tons of angles to give is a ton of depth and make it dramatic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back