could you tell me why this happened?

Pantsy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok so i dont know why one picture turned out all yellowy-orange and the other is just yellowy. and why it isnt very sharp.

C506665129358f_photo.jpg

C506668010827f_photo.jpg

as far as i understand it, i was set on micro mode/center focus/no flash/shutter speed 6/ aeture f5.6

thanks in advance

hmm it could be the white balance? I know if I was taking indoor photos and then switch to outdoor without changing the white balance everything looks blue. The fuzziness might be due to a high ISO. Cute cat!

I'm guessing low light situation with either tungsten lighting or yellow/beige walls for the yellow cast. Camera shake causes blurriness due to slow shutter speed and zooming in.

oh it could be the white balance. i know how to fix that on my digital, but not my slr.:p
yes, i think the film speed was 800.

i dont know what tungsten lighting is. but the light makes my walls yellowy.

ok, so what should i have done differently?

oh and thanks cowbert, she's real sweet but doesnt like her picture taken.

Tungsten lighting is regular light bulbs. the light is created by a glowing hot tungsten wire. We perceive it as being white, or just off white, but it's very yellow-orange for film.

oh i getcha. thank you. how do i compensate for that?

i also took one with the flash on but the picture was too bright and harsh, but sharp. i didnt like it.

Use a tripod or support when ever possible. Use a remote shutter release or the self timer. This will eliminate camera shake and give you sharp pictures in low light situations.

As for compensating for indoor lighting. You can get special film, you can adjust the white balance (digital), or you can get a filter. I think an 80A filter is quite common for warming indoor lighting.

I can't remember what the correction filter is numbered, but it's blue, you can ask at any camera store; you need to cool the warm (orange) cast of tungsten lighting. Or you can use tungsten slide film (which would look bluish if shot outdoors in regular sunlight). Or you can use a flash (blue-white light) combined with a slow shutter speed (to pick up just a little warmth from the tungsten lights) to get a nice compromise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back