Reaction score
Website
www.smudgesphotos.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSCF0399.jpg

DSCF0391_2.jpg

any good? H.

I like the first one, however, you might have not wanted to cut off the bottom of her dress, and I understand with a backlit window that some blown highlights could be a problem but I think you could have gone down a step. The (I'm assuming) post-processing blurring of the carpet in the second looks a bit wierd.

Very nice...in both I like the pose & composition.

It looks to me that both are a bit too bright and that the highlights are loosing detail. Also, they both look a little too blasted by the flash...I usually like less flash exposure and more ambient...but then again, you are 'Flash Harry' :D

I agree with the others on the blown out whites and the loss of detail. I'm liking the effect in the second one, looks like she's floating though, so as long it isn't supposed to look 'real' than it flys with me!

Thanks for the comments, they were both quick edits, the raws arent blown out at all, flash was the order of the day in this very dark venue the second was in a room with no windows and only light was from 3 or 4 60 watt bulbs so I prefer to add my own, we also had consistant downpours throughout the day so outdoor was a nightmare too. As a pro I have to provide and out of the two hundred or so shots on the day there were three for the bin, all outside without flash so you'll realise how much available light there was, the bride loves em. H

i like them both. the one thing i would watch next time with #2 is the feet and chair in the background. i would much rather see just the bride.

I like them both and I'm sure the bride will love them as well.
As said before, you've got some blown highlights and maybe a tighter crop from the bottom in No. 1 would put more emphasis on the bride. I do like the concept of No. 2 but for what it's worth, her collar bones appear quite pronounced and i might have cloned out some of hte background distraction, upper left and right, and maybe even have gone for a more square crop.
That's my .02.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back