couple of random pics

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by jshelto3, Feb 21, 2008.

1. jshelto3

jshelto3 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Even though I ok with these pics I still feel like something isn't right. I was down in my Psychology Lab and decided to play with photoshop a little. C&C please. I don't mind if you edit.

1)
    [​IMG]

2)
    [​IMG]

3)I was really looking to get that misty look with the water in this one and I obviously didn't get it. It seems a way washed out. What happened?
    [​IMG]

2. CopenKagan

CopenKagan TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    As far as number 3 goes, try using a polarizer or a neutral density filter. It will help you take a longer exposure.

3. jshelto3

jshelto3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    bump

4. jshelto3

jshelto3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Come on fella's, I'd really like some C&C here.

5. Tasmaster

Tasmaster TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well, i'd like to see a little more of the building in the first one (right side), and the contrast on it is too harsh, the water below making it all the more striking.

Second one, i am not sure if ithe cross is making the whole picture look tilted or not, kind of weird angle. I like the exposure and contrast.

Third one, do what CopenKagan said, or better yet try it again in the evening - lower light and probably more interesting colours.

6. jshelto3

jshelto3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ok, This was my first time playing with the curves option, the buildingdoes seem a little to white. That is all of the building though. The ground the cross is sitting on leans to the right just a little. Something is making it look much worse than it really is. I don't know.

7. Carman

Carman TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think the contrast in the first one is way too harsh..the building ssems washed out and the bushes in front of it are completely lost in a blob of blackness. Also the building seems a touch too soft, maybe try an increased depth of field next time to keep everything sharp. Also I personally would have included a little more sky and less water. Maybe you could try cropping some of the water out to highlight the building more as the subject.

In the second one I think it might benefit from straightening the cross...but then again the wonky angle kinda adds some character. I like that one best, i think the high contrast benefits it.

I agree with the others that a polarising filter and lower sun would improve the third one. Maybe also think about lowering the ISO to make it less washed out.

8. jshelto3

jshelto3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    awesome. Thanks, I'm going to to try the water again today. I'll play with the contrast a little more on the first one. On the last one, I had the ISO down to 200 which is the lowest my D100 would go. I do believe that I could step down to something more like f/22.