Couple of shots C&C please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by VltnDennis, Nov 2, 2008.

1. VltnDennis

VltnDennis TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
  2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Nice images. They're both a little bit too centred in the frame, but because of the symetry, this isn't too bad. In #1, you're suffering from a slight under-exposure due to the bright sky in the background. Spot-metering on the lighthouse and using 1/3 stop EC might have prevented this; it's also easily fixable in post. Good job shooting #2 without a tripod. I think I'd clone/crop that first light out in the foreground image right, and perhaps see if I could correct the slight perspective shift in Photoshop.

#3 is a nice scene, and well composed, but under-exposed due to the bright sun in the background.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

3. Flower Child

Flower Child TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i love how the water in the third one looks just like the sky. very pretty.

4. RyanMTaylor

RyanMTaylor TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like all your shots' compositions except the 1st one. Maybe it's just all the ground that's in it. Not sure; sorry I can't pinpoint it. Other than that I think I'd like it.

I'm not sure that the 2nd one is level. Really close for no tripod though. I also agree with the exposure things that tirediron mentioned and about the light post hanging out in front.