Cowboy Heart Cowgirl

RickyN29

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thanks for looking, this was an attempt at a portrait to print and frame for their families (recent love birds). Shot casually in their front yard.

Canon S2, In-cam sepia. F5.6 1/60 ISO 50

I am looking for critque of the compostion (I don't like how arm was cut off), pose, DOF (should background have been blurred more?) Sharpness, mood conveyed (would you appreciate the picture if these were your son and daughter-in-law-to-be?) And anything else you might like to add.

OTE (Okay to edit)

Many thanks

IMG_0750adjustedMedium.jpg

The pose is fine. I wouldn't worry about the arms - not the focus of the image so they are not important.
What I would say is that the sepia conversion has muddied the mi-tones and flattened the lighting on the faces. Perhaps if you pushed up the contrast a little...?

Hello,

"I am looking for critque of the compostion (I don't like how arm was cut off), pose, DOF (should background have been blurred more?) Sharpness, mood conveyed (would you appreciate the picture if these were your son and daughter-in-law-to-be?) And anything else you might like to add."

I dont think the arm matters. I would leave it like that.

About the background, I am not sure. See how it would look like if the background was blurred. It might look better.

Sharpness is OK, mood conveyed is OK also.

And, have you tried that picture in B/W or in just color?

i see it looks better without her arm under his armpit. but it's personal preference, it works like this too :D but that also gives you a 3:2 aspect ratio which i personally love.

what i really like is that you managed to get their expressions right, their faces look very natural. i find everything else you mentioned just fine. they're happy and in love what else could matter :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back