Fire Foto

DLL_4ever

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.studio409.ca
My family and I were out one night in my backyard burning a bunch of useless wood in a barrell, and since the flames were getting pretty big I decided to take a few pictures with my recently baught Panasonic DMC-LZ2. Most of the images turned out quite bad... but this 1 i like! What do you guys think?

fire.jpg

it's... sweet :D well it's a nice idea (although not very original) but it doesn't say anything. it's just chaotic flames starting from a weird shape (discomforting, a solution would be cropping the base of the pic leaving just the flames in mid-air) but well who can blame you :D

ummm...gotta go, rain check on the rest of the critique!

On one hand you can say "first year photo student" shot. On the other hand there are undeniably nice shapes and tones going on here. Kind of like photos of clouds. Sometimes they just do cool things. I think you caught that in this frame.

ok, so i am a big fan of this kind of photos, but here i see something that i don't like. mainly, the fact that the flames just go everywhere, just dying out, with no particular reason for burning like that. and that is because i expect it to come from the bottom black part and it just doesn;t it comes from higher to the right somehow (it's most powerfull there). however if you just crop the base the problem doesn't occur anymore and it's just a nice fire pic. but it still doesn't say anything... it's pretty but that's it... and that is the limitation that fire is...

I find your image captivating. I agree with the comment about the base. I think it would be better fitting hung on a wall if the the bottom below where the fire begins were cropped off

Most reactions

New Topics

Back