Coyotte C&C please

ocular

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please don't hold back your c&c, or any inexpensive tricks.

Ok so I went back out and got some photos. Now I have no illusions these are great pictures, any idea what I can do other then persevere . I'm using a tamron 70-300mm with sb600 at full power..

srfotosCoyotte1.jpg

srfotosCoyotte2.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes it is content over quality. Considering the conditions it is a very worthwhile effort.

I agree - your in very low lighting shooting a far off subject, its a big challenge for any shooter and for the conditions you were in and the gear you had I think you have done very well to get the shot as clear as you have (focus appears good as well which is always much harder in low light).

A few things come to mind for how you can improve upon this;

1) you could use a better beamer on your flash to get more range out of the light from it - that would let you get a bit more lighting onto your main subject.

2) get closer - lures (food) tents, camo gear and such - if you can get closer its going to help you a lot.

3) night time shooting methods - if your going to shoot at night a lot you might consider infra red shooting - you will need a modified DSLR or infra red film in a film camera, the bonus is that you can have good infra red lighting from an infra red bulb and the subject won't see it to be spooked - colours however are going to be gone so its light nightvision images

4) remote - ok this is the pipe dream, but a remote setup around a known feeding/walking spot would be the ideal - letting you set the camera and flash (heck maybe several flashes on lower power settings) far closer than you could get and then letting a camera trip or a remote in your hand fire the gear - tricky, expensive and risky work but it can pay off (have a look in the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the year 18 the winning shot was done on this method.

Nice captures....I personally was able to open up the photo well with my post processing program...if you would like to see let me know your thoughts!

Tights shots you got...love getting close to the wildlife like that....nice job!

Thanks for the comments. It would be awesome to have a fancy setup, maybe one day I'll have that.

You and me both - though for now your doing very well so keep at it! :)

Most reactions

Back