Craigslist amazes me!

Rhys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just saw an ad on CL that advertised free event/wedding photography. How the hell does the guy afford that?

He's probably trying to get experience. Sort of like doing an unpaid internship at a company for experience.

Probably trying to get his foot in the door and get referrals from the people that he does stuff for free for.

That or he'll just charge a lot for the prints/files.

Hmm... only $100 for the DVD. The kicker - limited to 2 hours coverage.

You know
this wouldnt be that bad of an idea

He might be trying to build up a portfolio or get experience. It seems like everyone and their mother is trying to get into wedding photography. I can't wait until the trend blows over and then there won't be 100 ads a day on CL for low-end wedding photographers that don't know at all what they are doing. I was talking to one guy that shot weddings on a Rebel XT and a kit lens... needless to say, the work was less than stellar.

He might be trying to build up a portfolio or get experience. It seems like everyone and their mother is trying to get into wedding photography. I can't wait until the trend blows over and then there won't be 100 ads a day on CL for low-end wedding photographers that don't know at all what they are doing. I was talking to one guy that shot weddings on a Rebel XT and a kit lens... needless to say, the work was less than stellar.

One guy that used to post on DCResource claimed to have started with a kit lens and an XT. I gather he upgraded quickly and is doing nicely for himself now.

Just like everything else, you have to start somewhere.....

I'm sure there are couples that can't afford a photographer and this option is viable. The results is sure better than nothing at all.

unless your marketing to the sub 300 dollar wedding market this shouldn't bother you at all.

Actually hes helping differentiate the cheap and the quality. We should thank him. Think it out logically, if someone doesnt have more then 500$ to spend on the photography of the wedding, or they are swayed by free this and free that from someone with no portfolio , its not a client you want to work with anyways. Right ?

Heh. I never have any luck from Craigslist - my best guess is he won't either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back