crazy wb

grnmnks8u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i am trying to use uf raw to convert my raw files into jpeg for post processing in gimp, but whenever i upload a picture it displays some crazy white balances, like certain parts are burned with red, or the colors are way way to bright with no way to tone it down etc... so question... how do i fix that? are there any better programs i could use? am i just not using the software correctly?

Paint Shop Pro had a white balance tool. Photoshop Elements had one too. So does Adobe Camera Raw. They are eyedroppers you click on a neutral area (white, black or grey) and they move the whole image the amount required to make that element neutral. I haven't used Gimp enough to know if it has that tool. There is a Color Balance tool which allows adjustment, but it is not as simple to use as clicking on the image.

In GIMP, press the F1 key to get the help index.

Use the Raw conversion software that came with your camera.

Some image editing applications use red and blue to indicate portions of a photo that are clipped. Clipped means 1 or more of the RGB color channels is at it's maximum value.
Red is used for blown out (RGB values of 255) or pure white and no detail, some other color is used blocked (RGB values of 0) or pure black and no detail is often used to indicate that there is 1 or more clipped color channels.

Most reactions

Back