Creating time lapse video?

phild2k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Proper newb question...

When creating a time lapse video in Lightroom or Photoshop, do you do so using the adjusted RAW files or JPEGs created from the adjusted RAW files?

In other words, the RAW files must always be converted to JPEG before final compression for video, right?

I can´t tell you how it works in Lightroom, but I use Premiere Pro or After Effects and I use the converted jpgs and I guess it hast to be the same if you use photoshop.

In Photoshop if you want to start with Raw (not RAW) files you can edit them initially in Camera Raw.
When you open the Raw files in Photoshop you're using .PSD files to edit/put the video together, though you can change the file type of each frame to JPEG if you want to.
You can use Adjustment Layers and/or the Camera Raw filter to edit in Ps - either JPEG or PSD files.
When you're done putting the time lapse together you Render the video in the video format/frame rate of choice.

JPEG is an acronym for Joint Photographic Experts Group, which is why it's all caps.
Raw is not an acronym, but is a proper noun, which is why only the first letter is capitalized.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back