Critique Please

wallyir

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
G`day all, May ask what you think of these? I`d appreciate it greatly.

Attachments

• $IMG_0504.JPG
    $IMG_0504.JPG
    325.7 KB · Views: 106
  • $IMG_0274c.JPG
    $IMG_0274c.JPG
    275.9 KB · Views: 99
  • $IMG ce_0616.JPG
    $IMG ce_0616.JPG
    326.8 KB · Views: 86
pretty good compositions... tho the statue looks a tad soft.... i like the first one the best.

They are all good, but number 1 is my pick.

the fence you might have been going for a certain look but i think the tilted horizon really distracts me in it.

Thank you all,this is the first time I`ve asked for a critisism and wasn`t too sure what to expect.

#1 has decent framing/overall composition but too much dead space in the foreground and no true subject. That said, I like the soft colors.

#2 is quite out of focus. I don't think there's anything particularly interesting about it. It's a statue...a very small, inorganic subject and therefore a very difficult subject to take an interesting photo of. Not that you should never attempt to shoot a statue, but it's extraordinarily hard to take a great shot of one. I think you're aiming too high.

#3 is no good. We both know what you were going for, but you didn't make it. The shot is underexposed. The sky isn't vibrant enough. There's no light play on the field. If you want to contrast a gorgeous setting with barbed wire then you need a gorgeous setting to start. It's just a matter of timing...you jumped the gun. Go back and wait for better light conditions.

#1 has decent framing/overall composition but too much dead space in the foreground and no true subject. That said, I like the soft colors.

#2 is quite out of focus. I don't think there's anything particularly interesting about it. It's a statue...a very small, inorganic subject and therefore a very difficult subject to take an interesting photo of. Not that you should never attempt to shoot a statue, but it's extraordinarily hard to take a great shot of one. I think you're aiming too high.

#3 is no good. We both know what you were going for, but you didn't make it. The shot is underexposed. The sky isn't vibrant enough. There's no light play on the field. If you want to contrast a gorgeous setting with barbed wire then you need a gorgeous setting to start. It's just a matter of timing...you jumped the gun. Go back and wait for better light conditions.
Alpha, I cannot thank you enough for your time and effort,I will work on those things.Thanks!:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back