Critique please

AzDesertRat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this picture just at dawn while getting hot gas in Western Iraq. Camera is a Canon Rebel XSi, Lens is an 18-55mm. The idea to the picture was to capture my bird silhouetting the sunrise. The picture came out exactly how I imagined it.
IMG_1222.jpg

One thing I don't like about the picture, is the search light takes away from the rest of the picture. If it had been dimmed down a little, so there isn't so much emphasis on the light, it would be more ideal. Also, I wish it had been a partly cloudy morning, so the sky would have had more color to it. But I cannot control the weather unfortunately.

It's a fantastic shot! I wouldn't change a thing.
The mood it creates is absolutely wonderful.

Love the blurring of the blades... :thumbup:

To my mind, you're quite right about the search lights taking away from the rest of the photo, as bright lights invariably pull the eyes first, we can't help the effect, ever! Plus it might have been nice to have "your bird" a tad more angled, so we'd get a more sidewise look at it. As is, we don't quite see how big it is. I'm not thinking a total side view, don't get me wrong, just a little less head-on.

The colours could still be emphasised in post, if you would want to have this more colourful!

When the result matches your vision that's a success.
The forward angle gives it a functional aspect; the light only detracts a bit, but again keeps that 'business' or 'on the job' look
Perfection - no, perfect shot - yes.
Worthy of a good size print and good frame.

Thanks for the good words folks. Is there any way I can doll up the picture with gimp2? I have that on my computer. I would like to maybe dim down the search light a little bit, and maybe brighten the colors of the sunrise a little. I am new at this, and I never knew you could alter pictures until after reading about it on this forum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back