CS4 vs. Lightroom 2? Help Please

TJ K

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not sure which program to purchase. I want to be able to edit my pictures and have complete and full control of them and that's pretty much it. Will light room be able to do all of this? thank you.
-TJ

Anyone? I need to know so I don't purchase more than I need or less. Thanks

I'm not sure which program to purchase. I want to be able to edit my pictures and have complete and full control of them and that's pretty much it. Will light room be able to do all of this? thank you.
-TJ
To have complete and full control you need CS4.

If you need a quick smooth work flow that also gives you complete and full control you need both.

That's exactly what Adobe intended. Lightroom is a database manager first and an incomplete image editor second. CS4 has only rudimentray database management capabilities but is a full blown image editor.

Actually, a good image editing suite requires about 10 different software packages, most not made by Adobe.

Are you going to reply? Anyone?
Nice way to be a douche:thumbup: Congratulations! Now was exactly has acting in that manor done for you?

Are you going to reply? Anyone?
Nice way to be a douche:thumbup: Congratulations! Now was exactly has acting in that manor done for you?
I didn't really want to hit the submit key. My mistake. But still, have some patients. It a Saturday evening.

I have CS4 and Lightroom and use them both in my "creative workflow" I do wb clarity and exposure adjustments in Lightroom and them bring up in CS4 to do other stuff (cloning, selective coloring, etc) and i find that works for me. You can get both for about $400 ..299 for CS4 and 99 for Lightroom if you are a student. So you might wanna check that out.

I have CS4 and Lightroom and use them both in my "creative workflow" I do wb clarity and exposure adjustments in Lightroom and them bring up in CS4 to do other stuff (cloning, selective coloring, etc) and i find that works for me. You can get both for about $400 ..299 for CS4 and 99 for Lightroom if you are a student. So you might wanna check that out.
I saw that discount. How exactly does it work and how do I prove I'm a student to get it for that price? I would probably only get one because I'm pretty broke so when I buy something it takes a lot of time to make that decision because I usually can't buy anything else for a little bit of time until I make some more money.

Download the 30 day trial to see which one suits your needs.
The thing that sucks is a already did the cs4 trial a bit back when i knew nothing about it so that went to waste and i have the LR2 now and I like it a lot but I don't know exactly what cs4 has to offer.

I saw that discount. How exactly does it work and how do I prove I'm a student to get it for that price? I would probably only get one because I'm pretty broke so when I buy something it takes a lot of time to make that decision because I usually can't buy anything else for a little bit of time until I make some more money.
If your an alum to any college that has a bookstore that sells them, you can usually do that. I can walk into UCSD any time I like and get any software they sell at student price. If I remember though, they usually check IDs, so you probably couldnt just go up into any one.

If your an alum to any college that has a bookstore that sells them, you can usually do that. I can walk into UCSD any time I like and get any software they sell at student price. If I remember though, they usually check IDs, so you probably couldnt just go up into any one.
Can I still get the discount if I am in HS?

Thats.... a good question. Check local photo or electronics retail stores to see if they offer educational pricing. Adobe also has an online store themselves that has educational prices for those who qualify (https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/st...TEACHERS&loc=en_us&store=OLS-EDU&view=ols_cat).

They list Lightroom 2 at $99 and Photoshop CS4 Extended at $299.

According to their requirements, a high school student should be able to get the pricing: "Students enrolled in grades K–12 at an accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction."

Can I still get the discount if I am in HS?

You should be able to. I picked up an educational copy of CS2 at a computer store, you should just need proof you are a student. You may even be able to order online.

Adobe.com Site Requirements

Does your high school computer lab have photoshop?

Most reactions

Back