Cutting of the head - justified (MAYBE NSFW)

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went through a lot of my old images, looking for something I overlooked, and with some editing I think I found an image I really like.

I love the tone of this image, and the curves, but does it matter that her head is not seen? Her head certainly wasn't the POINT of the picture, the curves were, but what do you think?

543229062_3859e6a95f.jpg

Well, since the image is not a portrait, and it is not about the head.. it is justified to have it outside the frame.

I quite like the composition, which is sort of tight, but hence intimate in a sense.

I don't mind that her head isn't in the frame...I think it works better this way. If her head and/or the rest of her body was in the frame, it might take on a sort of voyeuristic feel...as if we are seeing her but she can't see us.

When you close in and only show the curves...it feels more like an artistic body-scape.

I like the image, nice balance of light & shadow. The shadow on the left buttock does bother me though.

Big Mike, that's not a shadow if you are referring to the upper curve, that's actually a black pair of panties. You can see them on the right side too.

Including the head would have ruined a very interesting an well done image. Some photography rules survive being broken but the rules do not apply in this case.

Rusty Tripod

Thanks guys.... I was skeptical myself, but I really liked the photo. The original picture was a lot different, with the girl looking back, but I think this cut really did it justice, and I changed the colors to give it a warmer look....

Most reactions

Back