Cycling velodrome shots

JonathanM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Attached is an image from the local Velodrome (Manchester, England) taken during a recent track meet.

I think it captures the speed these riders acheive (30+ mph) but unless you know the sport, the actual content is a little lost.

i like it it realy shows the speed of the bikers

Problems with ImgFree mean I've not been able to link all the shots I want to. Here is another though:

_1210196.jpg

This young lady is Lucy Richards, and she is currently the leader in the junior event of this race series. This is her winning her last race of the evening, and I quite like this because as I took it one of the pro's on the track edge has obviously taken a pic at the saem time, hence the weird illumination.

I like the challenge of shooting photo's at the velodrome, the lighting, the speed, the positions available make it quite difficult at times.

I used my Olympus E500 with 40-150mm zoom, ISO 400-1000, and Metz flash.

Good shots, although i would be tempted to crop the first one slightly to loose the top rails they are a bit distracting. Like the viewpoint on the second one, good job.

I thought about cropping the first, but feel that it looses some scale when I do that, again concerned that the subject looses its identity a little when that happens.

Need a complete none cyclist to give me an opinion if they can recognise the content without the clues I've already given :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back